Automotive

Question about vehicle lease agreement.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2017 8:49 am
[OP]
Jul 11, 2016
5 posts

Question about vehicle lease agreement.

I signed a lease today, January 2nd. I feel pretty stupid because at the time of signing it I didn't read it properly (or I was way too concentrated on dollar figures, I completely disregarded dates).
Anyways, it is for a new vehicle that needs to be ordered......on the agreement it stipulates that "may take 120 days to deliver" (the salesperson told me they usually deliver within 6 to 8 weeks).
The Lease date, the date of delivery, manufacture warranty start date, payment date beginning all have December 31st (How on Earth I missed all that is beyond me).........Is this normal? I am not going to be paying anything untillI take possession of the vehicle, correct?
Should I try resolve it with dealer?
3 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 3, 2006
192 posts
37 upvotes
Arviat
you will not pay anything until the car is delivered to you and plated, by law.

right now you don't own anything, if the car is not delivered within 120 days the lease is void.
[OP]
Jul 11, 2016
5 posts
arsenalrocks wrote: you will not pay anything until the car is delivered to you and plated, by law.

right now you don't own anything, if the car is not delivered within 120 days the lease is void.
Great, thanks for the info.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25503 posts
10488 upvotes
Toronto
start of factory warranty is the date of delivery, NOT date of agreement signed. After all, if there is no VIN # and car is not even made as of Jan 2, how can the warranty would have started.