None
[OP]
Jul 8, 2014
18 posts
20 upvotes
Burnaby, BC

Question regarding who's at fault

Hello everyone,

I was wonder who will be at fault if the accident occur. The guy who was making an U-turn at an intersection (advance green) or the guy who was making a right turn on red. Who has the right of way?

Thanks,
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6350 posts
1850 upvotes
yuhusanmatthew wrote:
Sep 16th, 2015 10:11 am
Hello everyone,

I was wonder who will be at fault if the accident occur. The guy who was making an U-turn at an intersection (advance green) or the guy who was making a right turn on red. Who has the right of way?

Thanks,
Typically U-turns (unless marked like Spadina) are illegal to make. However, I think person making right turn on red is at fault for not making sure the intersection was clear before entering.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11473 posts
4820 upvotes
Toronto
yuhusanmatthew wrote:
Sep 16th, 2015 10:11 am
Hello everyone,

Thanks,
the guy who had the green light has the right of way, provided the u-turn was allowable at that intersection
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3805 posts
1865 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
Oh boy, here we go again.

POPCORNS!
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1549 posts
288 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
BluePhirePB wrote:
Sep 16th, 2015 10:43 am
Typically U-turns (unless marked like Spadina) are illegal to make. However, I think person making right turn on red is at fault for not making sure the intersection was clear before entering.
U-turn illegal, source?