Question of Resort

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 5:46 pm
[OP]
Nov 15, 2009
187 posts
12 upvotes

Question of Resort

A while back, I was watching news on tv in Brampton. The question was about building Resort in countryside (farmland). I think it was north of Brampton or so. My initial thought was great, people who live in countryside that don't have job will have job close to their home. The famers who live in the area were completely opposed to the idea or Resort (golf area). Then I got to thinking, wait a minute, the farmer may have something here. My thought changed in favor of the farmer. I thought of sexual element coming into countryside.(undesirables people) and also thought about developer confiscating land from farmer. Eventually building of high-rise and more people coming to countryside.

Few days ago, my brother came over and he talked about Resort coming to my country where we live (countryside rural area). My initial thought was no way. But then I thought about people condition. They don't have enough money. Maybe this would bring them little bit of prosperity. Then again, I thought about Developer confiscating farmers land. The water around there is dirty. (maybe they can clean it up).
All in all I think it's a bad situation for people there in the long run.

They also have plan to build amusement park in the area. I thought about Navsari (city) is 20 minute or so away form the area. Why not build it there. More people more money or did Navsari turn them down.

What am I missing, is there any other plus and minus which I have not considered. Like to hear your thoughts.

On CBC news or program, there was similar situation. In China they built 3 tall high rise buildings. A Chinese girl in the show invested her life saving into the high rise building shares. Chinese people who brought into the project purchased apartment, later found out that foreigner were not coming over. The building project was a bust. Chinese girl who invested in project lost most of her saving. The roads and hwy built near-by was empty. By the way these 3 high rise building were built near countryside.
Last edited by MasterMK on May 19th, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 replies
Jul 5, 2004
22206 posts
2099 upvotes
I don't really know if this is travel related or not, but I'm going to move it to the travel forum. That's probably the closest match.

As for the question about a resort outside of Brampton, there are many resorts in rural parts of Canada. They tend to be on the smaller side compared to resorts you would see in the Caribbean. They also tend to be on lakes. They tend to offer an all inclusive, relaxing vacation with lots of wilderness, canoeing, hiking, bicycling, good food and perhaps golf. They don't have the boozing or partying that you think of when it comes to resorts. They also don't have an issue with undesirable people coming to the area. These types of places tend to cost a lot of money and are generally geared towards couples. As for developers stealing farm land, it's not that simple to just steal someone else's land. I don't really understand why you have the concerns that you do.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2013
1054 posts
174 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
About the farmers living close to the resort, it'll be way harder for them to expand if they want to. There are all kinds of guidelines for farms, they have to be so and so far away from the next neighbour, and even further away if it's a recreational area (campground, resort, community hall etc). One of the reasons is the odour . So I can see why farmers are not thrilled having a resort being built close to where they lived first.
[OP]
Nov 15, 2009
187 posts
12 upvotes
knuks101 wrote:
May 20th, 2017 9:04 am
About the farmers living close to the resort, it'll be way harder for them to expand if they want to. There are all kinds of guidelines for farms, they have to be so and so far away from the next neighbour, and even further away if it's a recreational area (campground, resort, community hall etc). One of the reasons is the odour . So I can see why farmers are not thrilled having a resort being built close to where they lived first.
Interesting thought...

Here in Canada we may follow the guidelines but how effective are they in India. I have a feeling the developer will walk all over the farmer in India for pure profit. If the developer are unsuccessful they will drop the ball and run, like they have done in Canada. But think about the infrastructure they have added in Canada as well as India.

I didn't get the odour part. Are you talking about the resort odour or farmland odour (animal. soil etc.) Maybe resort idea stinks.

I thought about Banff Park in Alberta. I haven't been to Alberta but hear great things about how beautiful Banff Park is to view. The Developer would expand on this idea and put in few excellent vacation resort in area. Make it profitable.

I was looking for where the resort idea was unsuccessful in Ontario (tv news). I found this article . Maybe it was Muskoka

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-es ... e25267033/

Look's like Chinese people from abroad are interested in vacationing in resort area.

Here's a thought, Why don't govt. and developer put same effort into improving schools, libraries, funeral facilities, community hall and medical facilities in countryside. I guess there in no profit to be made in this area. Go after the mighty dollar and cater to rich.