None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2243 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto

Question on Walmart price match policy.

How does Walmart price match policy work?

I tried to price match the red 3DS XL that was 129.99 against the Nintendo 3DS XL with the flyer (in last two sales people pm at walmart retailers successfully for the NES version). Then I asked to PM a game off of Amazon, Best Buy and Future Shop. However on both occasions I was declined. I can't recall what she was saying, exactly. She mentioned they can't even price match their own store because of a sale or 'timed sale". I didn't get her point, she was too busy helping a customer for the last 30 minutes and she was a cashier.
11 replies
Jul 5, 2013
753 posts
1100 upvotes
Saint John
Will Walmart match competitor prices?

We will gladly Ad Match with proof of the current in-store retail price of any local competitor’s ad (printed or digital) for an identical item provided that the item is in stock. Not applicable to used or refurbished items, clearance sales, combination promotions (e.g., gift with purchase), double or triple coupons, after-sale rebate offers, preferred customer discounts or random discounts (e.g., scratch and save events) offered by other retailers, or to competitor misprints or withdrawn or corrected advertisements. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Our “local competitors” and ‘identical items’ are determined by us. Walmart’s Ad Match program may be modified or withdrawn at any time without notice.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15930 posts
8236 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
yogakun wrote:
Nov 24th, 2014 1:23 am
How does Walmart price match policy work?

I tried to price match the red 3DS XL that was 129.99 against the Nintendo 3DS XL with the flyer (in last two sales people pm at walmart retailers successfully for the NES version). Then I asked to PM a game off of Amazon... I can't recall what she was saying, exactly. She mentioned they can't even price match their own store...
Note that Wal-Mart was recently the victim of a PM scam involving 3DS et al game consoles and fake amazon listings. It's likely the cashier was to instructed to carefully scrutinize and challenge those types of PM requests. That may help explain her garbled explanation.

See this RFD thread: People scamming/exploiting Walmart USA's price matching for cheap PS4s
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
Also realize that your average CSR isn't mentally equipped to reconcile store policy, communications meetings, and customers expectations, and able to problem solve and execute resolutions.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Sep 11, 2014
640 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wal Mart does not pm it's own stores. Neither do they pm their own online site.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
40 upvotes
Will walmart Canada price match amazon.ca? I was told no in the store, but the policy seems vague. Has anyone had success?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15930 posts
8236 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
xstatik wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2014 8:41 am
Will walmart Canada price match amazon.ca? I was told no in the store, but the policy seems vague.
See my link above. They've been scammed recently by fake listings on amazon. It's much easier to tell staff to "Just say no" than to train them to distinguish between legitimate and fraudulent listings.

This could be a YMMV thing, depending on the store, whether it's a low level staffer or a manager, etc.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1370 posts
225 upvotes
BC
Price matching appears to vary from Store to Store in Walmart and that varies from salesperson to salesperson.
Richmond: the only place where you need a sign that says no vehicle parking on the sidewalk, yet it’s still disobeyed
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
686 upvotes
Shhanada
xstatik wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2014 8:41 am
Will walmart Canada price match amazon.ca? I was told no in the store, but the policy seems vague. Has anyone had success?
Without going back to reference their specific policy, my impression is that it's based largely on matching printed advertising from major competitors. So until Amazon is delivering sale flyers, you shouldn't expect a price match.
Oct 10, 2013
32 posts
4 upvotes
Dartmouth
The ad match works with Paper Flyer Advertisements (they can refuse the electronic versions) that specify the date of the sale.
It must show the exact brand, style, type, flavour, etc.
Does not work for Door Crashers, Limited Quantities, Buy One Get One, or 'percentage off' sales.
The sale must match the date (like Nov 28th to Dec 5th) and does not work with short time frames like Tuesday from 8AM-12PM kind of sales.
I hope that helps.
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49362 posts
14615 upvotes
SoulGal wrote:
Nov 24th, 2014 12:20 pm
Wal Mart does not pm it's own stores. Neither do they pm their own online site.
Will walmart.ca price match its flyer pricing though? Sometimes, it's the reverse where the prices online are a little bit more expensive than the weekly flyer pricing.