Off Topic Archive

Locked: questions about the African Lion Safari.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2011 11:31 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
9340 posts
255 upvotes
Brampton

questions about the African Lion Safari.

I was thinking of going to the African Lion Safari with some friends. What I want to know is if the animals will scratch the paint on my car? I mean animals have sharp claws on their paws, and this can cause scratches. Also, what if (by accident of course) I happened to run over an animal? And what if it died? Would I get charged and possibly arrested? Remember the guy that got arrested for beating raccoon's, he got in a lot of trouble for that, so I mean I don't wanna end up on the news accused of killing animals at the Safari. I'm a good driver, I only end up running over small stuff like water bottles and mc.donald's garbage that is on the road.

THX
Share:
34 replies
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
202 upvotes
From what I remember, if an animal scratches your car, they will cover the cost if you exit the car, challenge the animal to a fist fight and beat them.
Discuss everything Travel! - http://www.ineedavacation.ca
Discuss everything Mixed Martial Arts! - http://www.ufctalk.net
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
Based on the last part of your question......."Not sure if serious."
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9330 posts
690 upvotes
Brampton
D-Roc wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 7:09 pm
Based on the last part of your question......."Not sure if serious."

Same. Question went totally down hill with the last part of being a good driver.....maybe you should stay at home.....
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 41-0-0 and counting.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
i was pretty sure that if the monkeys do damage to the vehicle, you'd have to ask the monkey to pay for it.
monkeys can do a lot of damage, especially to rubber strippings. i've seen it happen to other cars.
i had a season pass a couple of years ago,,, i seem to remember that there was a detour available that allowed you to bypass the monkeys.
other times we went, we just took the tour bus.

if you take your own car to see the monkeys, DO NOT OPEN YOUR WINDOWS. and if you are going with kids, make sure that they CANNOT OPEN THE WINDOWS.
a few years ago, a kid opened his window and a monkey got in, and he ended up with permenant disfigurement. they won the law suit against safari, on the basis that the place was understaffed and did not react to the incident in time, but no money is worth that.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1768 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Kris81 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 7:04 pm
From what I remember, if an animal scratches your car, they will cover the cost if you exit the car, challenge the animal to a fist fight and beat them.

+1 Don't fight the monkeys though. They fight dirty. They throw feces at you! :razz:
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10047 posts
104 upvotes
I think most of it is "enter at your own risk" type of stuff.

The monkeys may jump on your car and bend your antenna but isn't that why you go in?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
9340 posts
255 upvotes
Brampton
EbonyRose wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 7:13 pm
+1 Don't fight the monkeys though. They fight dirty. They throw feces at you! :razz:
mbg wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 7:16 pm
I think most of it is "enter at your own risk" type of stuff.

The monkeys may jump on your car and bend your antenna but isn't that why you go in?

So the monkeys are the trouble makers?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
cheapmeister wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 7:22 pm
So the monkeys are the trouble makers?

monkey business is serious business.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6287 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
There's a bus tour you can take through the drive through safari.

I'd only drive a car through if I didn't care about having it damaged. You can skip the baboon part, but that's the best part. But they do tend to remove anything that they can get their hands on.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1768 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Seriously though, I'm pretty sure there's a liability waiver or sign somewhere that states they're not responsible for any damage to your car and you're entering at your own risk. It's true what people are saying though, the monkeys are the worse. I went with my family in a big green van and they were all over us. They bent our antenna, bit off the cap of our windshield spray thing and pulled the plastic off our windshield wiper. It was entertaining, but the damage was pretty bad. You can skip the whole monkey area if you want. If you have a car with a sun roof, bring some carrots along, you can feed the giraffes from your car.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
6342 posts
422 upvotes
6ix
cheapmeister, are you sure you have enough money for African Lion Safari?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
McLaren__F1 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 8:04 pm

i think he's planning to go by hiding in the trunk.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
9340 posts
255 upvotes
Brampton
McLaren__F1 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 8:04 pm

How much does it cost?
ippon wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 8:06 pm
i think he's planning to go by hiding in the trunk.
Can I save money by hiding? Do they check your trunk?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
cheapmeister wrote:
Jul 7th, 2011 8:30 pm

Can I save money by hiding? Do they check your trunk?

totally doable. they don't check trunks.
× < >