Students

Questions about ILC program (please help!!!)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2018 12:35 am
[OP]
Feb 12, 2018
1 posts

Questions about ILC program (please help!!!)

Hi,

I'm planning on taking Health Sciences in university starting September 2018, however, one of the prerequisite courses is Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) and I don't have that. I plan on taking the course in the summer with the ILC program. I also want to retake Biology (SBI4U) so I can boost my average.

I have a couple questions.

1. Is it possible to finish 2 ILC courses within 6 weeks? I plan on starting late June/early July and finishing by mid-late August.
2. If it is possible, how many hours per day would I possibly take to complete the course within 6 weeks?
3. I know that each courses has 5 units containing 4 lessons, with each lesson having a set of key questions. I was wondering how long it takes to read through a lesson, and how long it takes to complete a set of key questions for each lesson.

Thanks so much! :)
3 replies
Dec 4, 2012
121 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
It really depends how fast they actually mark it and give your mark back. You can actually finish a unit in a day or two if you actually did it for 8 hours or so. But 6 weeks for 2 courses seems tight if you wanted to finish the exam in time too.
When I took 12U Chemistry it took them a week to mark each unit, so if there were 5 units it'd 5 weeks and that doesnt include scheduling for the exam.

Also how'd you get accepted to the program without the prereq?
Sep 2, 2015
106 posts
21 upvotes
East York, ON
pretty sure calculus and vectors has more than 5 units. adv functions had 7.

regardless, it's possible but I wouldn't bet on it. I'd start now.
Sep 29, 2008
667 posts
93 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't know if this helps but if you are looking to gain admission into a university program then ILC does offer progress reports as long as you have completed at least 2 units. These are official and sealed. I forwarded my progress reports to universities i was applying to.