Nov 26, 2003
2027 posts
261 upvotes
Canada

Questions for the Nokia 6275i

Hi,
I just got the nokia 6275i phone from Virgin Mobile. I have a few questions:

[IMG]http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/631/nk6275ipy0.gif[/IMG]

1. Where can I find out what all those icons on the top of the screen denote?

2. I do notice that my phone does constantly say "Roaming" on the screen... is this normal? I am in Alberta if that makes a difference.

3. Does that "A" along the top of the screen denote "Analog"? The reason I ask is because my 6275i is constantly displaying the "A". I have set the Network -> Mode option to "Digital Preferred". My old 2125i always picked up a digital signal.

Thanks,
Z.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
3230 posts
1235 upvotes
GTA
Hey there.

BTW, you picked up an amazing phone, and even more amazing when using Diego.

1. Go to Menu --> Settings --> Phone --> Phone Details --> Icon Details

Explains all the icons on your phone.

2. Did you buy your phone in Alberta? Do you live far from the city, where there happens to be a lot of tree's and such? Roaming usually means catching another service providers signal, such as being with a Canadian company, and traveling to the USA with your phone. You are catching/using an American company's signal.

3. The "A" does mean that you are in Analog mode, usually because you are not picking up a signal, thus putting it in Analog mode, which is a horrible mode to me.

Where are you located in Alberta? Heavy forest area or in a city?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2027 posts
261 upvotes
Canada
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Sep 5th, 2007 10:59 pm
Hey there.

BTW, you picked up an amazing phone, and even more amazing when using Diego.

1. Go to Menu --> Settings --> Phone --> Phone Details --> Icon Details

Explains all the icons on your phone.

2. Did you buy your phone in Alberta? Do you live far from the city, where there happens to be a lot of tree's and such? Roaming usually means catching another service providers signal, such as being with a Canadian company, and traveling to the USA with your phone. You are catching/using an American company's signal.

3. The "A" does mean that you are in Analog mode, usually because you are not picking up a signal, thus putting it in Analog mode, which is a horrible mode to me.

Where are you located in Alberta? Heavy forest area or in a city?

Thanks for the info on the icons ADRiiAN.

I'm in a metropolitan area. There are no trees or anything where I am at right now... the weird thing is that I don't ever seem to get a digital signal regardless of where I go with the phone - maybe it is a defective phone? Analog is not the preferred mode as it is quickly draining the battery that I charged today (1/2 of the battery gauge is gone already).

I purchased the phone from a co-worker who recently won it in a contest. I am 99% sure that he won the phone in town.

I did notice something strange that just happen too... it looks like the phone "automatically rebooted". I was scrolling through some of the menu items when it appeared to have frozed and then rebooted by itself. Strange...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6235 posts
888 upvotes
Yes, possibly a defective phone because you should be getting digital just about anywhere in any major city now. Try toggling the analog/digital setting back and forth, saving it each time and then finally leave it back on digital to see if that wakes up the digital.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2027 posts
261 upvotes
Canada
woof wrote:
Sep 6th, 2007 12:11 am
Yes, possibly a defective phone because you should be getting digital just about anywhere in any major city now. Try toggling the analog/digital setting back and forth, saving it each time and then finally leave it back on digital to see if that wakes up the digital.

I tried toggling between analog and digital. I can see the "D" appearing, but it doesn't seem to stay. It always goes back to the Analog signal. I'm sure this is a great phone... just have to get this baby to work.