Questions for tri-screen & racing sim

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2016 11:31 am
Dec 29, 2006
337 posts
21 upvotes

Questions for tri-screen & racing sim

Hey guys

I need some help from you experts! I haven't been following technology for a while now so I don't really know what I am looking for.
I am looking to do a tri-monitors setup just to do some stocks/youtube/emails/iracing
Do you guys have any recommendations of a fully assembled PC system and/or monitors as well a good sim racing setup with clutch?
I don't really need high-end, just a setup that is enough to do all these.

Any help is really appreciated.

Here are the specs for Iracing
64-bit Windows (32-bit support ends March 14, 2016)
Intel Core i3, i5, i7 or better or AMD Bulldozer or better
8 GB of RAM
NVidia GeForce 2xx series or better, 1GB+ dedicated video memory, AMD 5xxx series or better, 1GB+ dedicated video memory or better
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4200+ or better, with 8GB of system RAM
10 GB of free disk space
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1574 posts
476 upvotes
I was considering this for simming until I learned about vr development early 2015. Holding out on a new rig and vr headset once it can fully support fsx/rfactor. I have a Logitech G25 which is sturdy and still working 5 yrs since I bought it. I believe the G27 is the latest you might want to look into. Thrustmaster makes good wheels that can be upgraded by 3rd party modders.

My future Christmas gift ...too myself
www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/fer ... egral-t500
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2363 posts
175 upvotes
Yeah, have a serious think about buying a VR headset instead. Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and iRacing support at least the Rift, and some or all support the Vive. Dirt Rally should release Rift support in a week or three.

If it wasn't for the limited resolution of the current headsets (1080x1200 per eye), I'd say definitely get one. They're far more immersive than a single monitor racing setup despite the resolution, but the field of view can't match triple-monitor yet, and distant details are hard to see.

I'm using a G29 wheel, which is basically a slightly modified G27, but at a higher price and without the gearstick. You can still find good deals on the remaining G27 stock now and again.
Dec 29, 2006
337 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks for the input guys, what about fully assembled PCs? Any recommendations?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21222 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
1DarkChaos wrote: Thanks for the input guys, what about fully assembled PCs? Any recommendations?

You can get a pc assembled from NCIX, just need to choose the parts. What's your budget?
Dec 5, 2010
40 posts
22 upvotes
Courtenay
Head on over to the Inside Sim Racing Forums. Don't know if I can post the link but just Google it.

A lot of the guys on there race iRacing with triple monitor setups and full sim rigs. Lots of info in the forum to read through without having to sign up.

Good Luck
Dec 29, 2006
337 posts
21 upvotes
My budget is around 1000 for the pc but without the racing sim or monitors
thanks for the replies guys they are really helpful

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)