• Jan 16th, 2019 12:44 am
Nov 21, 2015
114 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
vivmk20 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:14 pm
Is this isolated incident or a trend
If that much $$$ take out from the system, what does that tell ya?
Nov 17, 2016
59 posts
23 upvotes
$10,000 is a great place to start with individual stocks. You can split it into 2 or 3 companies and watch as they grow or shrink and maybe get some dividends too.
Don't listen to everyone telling you it's not enough or that the markets are about to sell off. Start now with with the expectation that even if you lose a little short-term it will make you more experienced.

The trend I'm seeing is a lot of money is moving into the Canadian markets right now due to RSP, tfsa contributions. S&P500 might be going down due to the Federal Reserve selling its assets.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
342 posts
37 upvotes
Mississauga
Jackson75 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 1:42 am
I lol’d at your comment. A lot of smart traders are holding cash, bond or gold right now. S & P 500 will go down even further after the recent short term rally with no catalyst to boost the US economy . Eurozone is deteriorating and with Brexit uncertainty. With the poor Q4 stock performance, a lot of people will see their stock portfolio reduce by 15-20%... which impact their wealth effect... liquidity in the market is going to cause a huge problem in 2019 and it’s key to pay attention!!!

Come back in two months and then see who is giving bad advice. Mark your calendar!
Done. Will come back after 2 months
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
47356 posts
13104 upvotes
Jackson75 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 1:42 am
I lol’d at your comment. A lot of smart traders are holding cash, bond or gold right now. S & P 500 will go down even further after the recent short term rally with no catalyst to boost the US economy . Eurozone is deteriorating and with Brexit uncertainty. With the poor Q4 stock performance, a lot of people will see their stock portfolio reduce by 15-20%... which impact their wealth effect... liquidity in the market is going to cause a huge problem in 2019 and it’s key to pay attention!!! I just hate to see OP jump into the market and then see your hard earn $ go underwater...

Come back in two months and then see who is giving bad advice. Mark your calendar!
Are you saying there is no upside for particular stocks or just don't buy the index?

Who exactly are the smart traders in your opinion?
Nov 21, 2015
114 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 11:35 am
Are you saying there is no upside for particular stocks or just don't buy the index?

Who exactly are the smart traders in your opinion?
Buy dividend growth stocks (cdn energy stocks that have beaten up last few months)

No FAANG stocks, buy gold and pay attention to biotech stocks!!! Cheers