Personal Finance

Questrade RESP Any Quebec residents got the 2017 QESI grant ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2021 4:11 pm
Jan 5, 2017
349 posts
260 upvotes
montreal
SaversSave wrote: Same here
FYI saw somewhere on Reddit that 'apparently' the deposits should arrive early Feb, so I'll be checking in mid Feb
Oct 23, 2006
151 posts
49 upvotes
consider yourselves fortunate.

I am still waiting for my 2017 QESI (contributions were in early Jan 2017).

Questrade claims that their third party vendor (which appears to be working out of a basement - I guess you get what you pay for...lol) keeps on messing up on their applications to Revenue Quebec; they have not yet adapted to Revenue Quebecs new submission requirements.

Questrade is great as long as there are no issues
Dec 2, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
Same Here. No 2019 Questrade QESI deposit.

If I move to another provider right now, Is someone know what will happend with my 2019 and 2020 QESI. Will both QESI be sent to the new provider ?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1680 posts
877 upvotes
Kanada
Anybody with WealthBar (aka. CI Direct Investing) getting or not getting QESI for their RESP account ?
Part of the art of working in customer service, at any company, is the ability to invent plausible explanations for unexpected outcomes. An algorithm makes the decision. The agent does not necessarily know why.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1754 posts
589 upvotes
GMA
Surprise surprise ... kids accounts (at Questrade) finally received their 2019 QESI grants ... 2 years and 1 month after contributions were made.
Mar 3, 2012
161 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Same here.

> I've asked if they can slip the family plan to two individual plan on January 26th. No answer since :(
Aug 25, 2009
379 posts
382 upvotes
I started RESP in Sept 2019 and made a deposit. Got the federal grant 1 month later.
I deposited again in Feb 2020. Got federal grant 1 month later also.
Then I stumbled onto this thread in Jan 2021 and learned that Questrade is not doing so well in the QESI grant department. I started a chat with support and they gave me a ticket number to follow up. I also gave them feedback (trying to be polite as possible) that the user community (here and reddit) are waiting years for their QESI grants.

Long story short, I also got the 2019 QESI grant this month. I'll continue to follow up with Questrade for the 2020 QESI grant.

Thanks OP.
Nov 27, 2014
194 posts
286 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
I have yet to receive my Quebec grant for my 2019 contribution (which was made in January 2019) from RBC Direct Investing. RBC keeps telling me they don’t know. Revenu Québec says it’s RBC’s fault it’s late. Was hoping to get it soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1754 posts
589 upvotes
GMA
The trustee is changed from CIBC to Community Trust. Not clear what the impacts but due to the time it always takes to QESI grants, I'm just waiting for a cashback promo to transfer to Desjardins or National Bank. They have a lot more staff and a larger portion of their customers are based in Quebec so I'd expect them to prioritize the issue more than Questrade.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1584 posts
378 upvotes
Montreal
Thanh wrote: The trustee is changed from CIBC to Community Trust. Not clear what the impacts but due to the time it always takes to QESI grants, I'm just waiting for a cashback promo to transfer to Desjardins or National Bank. They have a lot more staff and a larger portion of their customers are based in Quebec so I'd expect them to prioritize the issue more than Questrade.
Same. The waiting time, despite being labeled a "platinum" customer are insane for anything these days. When the pandemic started fine but now 1 year later, just borderline poor planning on their end
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1754 posts
589 upvotes
GMA
Surprise surprise ... kids accounts (at Questrade) finally received their 2020 QESI grants ... ~14 months after contributions were made. That's not perfect but that's certainly better than the 25 months it took to get the 2019 QESI.
Aug 1, 2010
113 posts
60 upvotes
Thanh wrote: Surprise surprise ... kids accounts (at Questrade) finally received their 2020 QESI grants ... ~14 months after contributions were made. That's not perfect but that's certainly better than the 25 months it took to get the 2019 QESI.
What is the expected number of months for QESI grant to show up?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
price31 wrote: What is the expected number of months for QESI grant to show up?
It's usually in May

This year, 2020 grant was deposited in May for my BMO account and I've heard that Questrade got it in May too.
Mar 12, 2017
832 posts
798 upvotes
So anyone still has problem getting the QESI grant? Is it getting better? I'm thinking of going with Questrade, but this seems like a major problem, so I'm evaluating Virtual Broker.

The fees with NBDB seems too high to make that option viable. Not a lot of good self-directed options out there, so I'm also looking at Justwealth.

If things are getting better woth Questrade, I'll probably lean that way.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
leolozon wrote: So anyone still has problem getting the QESI grant? Is it getting better? I'm thinking of going with Questrade, but this seems like a major problem, so I'm evaluating Virtual Broker.

The fees with NBDB seems too high to make that option viable. Not a lot of good self-directed options out there, so I'm also looking at Justwealth.

If things are getting better woth Questrade, I'll probably lean that way.
Major improvement this year. See above answer.
Mar 12, 2017
832 posts
798 upvotes
jfmartel wrote: Major improvement this year. See above answer.
Great. I went with them. I've been waiting for 2 days to my transfer to arrive. I guess it's longer the first time around.

You don't have anything to enter for the QESI grant, right? They see that you're from Qc and they apply automatically?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
leolozon wrote: Great. I went with them. I've been waiting for 2 days to my transfer to arrive. I guess it's longer the first time around.

You don't have anything to enter for the QESI grant, right? They see that you're from Qc and they apply automatically?
It's done automatically. If you are eligible for lower income grant, you'll get them too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)