• Feb 19th, 2019 2:00 pm
[OP]
Feb 6, 2008
20 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto

Questrade transfer-out fee rebate for RRSP/TFSA . NO MINIMUM. Until Mar 31/19

https://questrade-support.secure.force. ... %20request

Whether you’re new to Questrade or already a customer, you can transfer almost any type of investment account over to Questrade.
One of the ways in which you can fund your account is by transferring any existing accounts you may have with a different financial institution such as an RRSP or a TFSA over to Questrade.

Limited time offer - Until March 31, 2019 transfer as many accounts as you like to Questrade, with any amount, and we’ll rebate your transfer fees up to $150 per account.

To get your rebate, send us a copy of your statement with the transfer fee you were charged, by May 31, 2019. To do so:

Go to ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT and then click Upload Documents
Complete all fields. For Document type, select Rebate
Click Upload

Terms and conditions
Limited time offer:

Until March 31, 2019, you can transfer any account to Questrade, regardless of the balance, and get your transfer fees rebated (maximum rebate $150/account). No limit to the number of accounts you bring over. For a rebate, submit a statement displaying the transfer fees incurred from another financial institution by May 31, 2019. For Questwealth™ accounts: all-in-kind and partial transfers of your securities will be liquidated, Questrade will cover your trade commissions when we sell your stocks, ETFs, and mutual funds and re-invest those funds in your selected portfolio(s) (even accounts under $25,000). (Exchange and ECN fees may apply.)

After March 31, 2019:

To get a rebate on a transfer fee you’re charged by your financial institution, you must transfer an account with $25,000 CAD or more. Then submit a statement displaying the transfer fees incurred from another financial institution. (Maximum rebate $150 CAD/account. Limit one rebate per customer.)

For Questwealth™ accounts: all-in-kind and partial transfers of your securities will be liquidated, Questrade will cover your trade commissions when we sell your stocks, ETFs, and mutual funds and re-invest those funds in your selected portfolio(s). For all in-kind or partial transfers under $25,000 CAD, Questrade charges trade commissions to transfer securities to Questwealth accounts; no charge for stocks and ETFs; $9.95 CAD per mutual fund position, per transaction.

(Exchange and ECN fees may apply.) Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Last edited by cmld on Feb 9th, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15924 posts
6108 upvotes
I might be missing the big deal - is the no minimum the big draw here? Qtrade has been doing the $150 towards the transfer fee for a long time. Their criteria is:
Each transfer must have a minimum value of $15,000 or the account must reach a minimum value of $15,000 within 30 days of the completion of the transfer.
Jun 28, 2018
403 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Yea, is this new? Thought they always had this promo.

However, this may be a sign. I have been thinking of moving either or both my TFSA/RRSP over to Questrade temporarily.....
The Distracted Investor

Dividends through quality companies 😃 Though I usually lose money with trades :facepalm:
[OP]
Feb 6, 2008
20 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
I believe the rebate is not new but prior to this promo one had to transfer an account with $25,000 CAD or more to qualify.

I will update with Terms and Conditions.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1155 posts
315 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
johnnychi wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 5:45 pm
Yea, is this new? Thought they always had this promo.

However, this may be a sign. I have been thinking of moving either or both my TFSA/RRSP over to Questrade temporarily.....
Why only temporarily?
Jun 28, 2018
403 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
John47 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 10:32 pm
Why only temporarily?
Just waiting to build up assets over the next few more years in the TFSA before moving it to my primary brokerage to avoid their admin fees.
The Distracted Investor

Dividends through quality companies 😃 Though I usually lose money with trades :facepalm:
Mar 17, 2006
905 posts
132 upvotes
This is a really good deal. You can take advantage of other promotions in combination with this Transfer fee promotion. For example if you're opening a new account you can get everything transferred for free and take advantage of the SPARX88 promotion that gives you $88 credits in free trades.