• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2015 8:12 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12348 posts
5403 upvotes
Downloaded IQ Edge...looks pretty good and I like the customization. One thing though when I mouse over the symbol I would expect the name of the company to show up but it doesn't. Is there an option somewhere for this?
Jun 27, 2007
579 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Hey endokuken and catoun, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, send me a private message and I’ll have someone reach out from our client services team.

blexann, when you hover over a symbol you’ll see the company name in your positions and orders tab but not in the watchlist. I’m sure others would like to see this. I’d encourage you to submit a feature request: https://community.questrade.com/p/featurerequest.aspx. Our development team reviews every ticket.

John from Team Questrade
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
The new website no longer give you real-time price when you click on it like the old essentials used to. Now you can no longer see the real-time price when you want to buy unless you use a discount bank brokerage which they do provide real-time in the buy menu.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
1176 posts
110 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote: The new website no longer give you real-time price when you click on it like the old essentials used to. Now you can no longer see the real-time price when you want to buy unless you use a discount bank brokerage which they do provide real-time in the buy menu.
Yes, it's a negative change! I wanted to move all my accounts to quest trade but hesitant, no real-time quotes unless you buy the data package. Now if I want to trade in quest trade, I looked up the quote from my bank brokerage account then put order in quest trade. A bit hassles but I saved quite a bit of commissions.
Apr 18, 2008
352 posts
3 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Messerschmitt wrote: The new website no longer give you real-time price when you click on it like the old essentials used to. Now you can no longer see the real-time price when you want to buy unless you use a discount bank brokerage which they do provide real-time in the buy menu.
In the top right corner where it says Snap OFF, click it so it says Snap ON.

You're welcome.
Jun 27, 2007
579 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
As myster mentioned, make sure SNAP is on. The setting is on the top right-hand corner.

Messerschmitt, once SNAP is on, click the refresh button on the BUY box for the real-time price at that moment.

Sunny923, let me know if you have any questions or need help transferring your account over. Depending on your situation, you might be eligible for a promotion. Send me a private message and let’s talk.
Aug 6, 2006
563 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Questrade wrote: As myster mentioned, make sure SNAP is on. The setting is on the top right-hand corner.

Messerschmitt, once SNAP is on, click the refresh button on the BUY box for the real-time price at that moment.

Sunny923, let me know if you have any questions or need help transferring your account over. Depending on your situation, you might be eligible for a promotion. Send me a private message and let’s talk.
Will you fix the "asking for login/password twice after a logout" bug?

Ugh, also, how do I see a nice overview of my portfolio now?
In IQEssentials it was at the bottom, positions, purchase price, market price, book value, etc, with configurable columns.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
2807 posts
1152 upvotes
Sidney
For those that haven't tried the app....give it a go. Its infinitely better than the webpage. Level 1 or level 2. Its worth trying.
Jun 27, 2007
579 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
drowsy wrote: Will you fix the "asking for login/password twice after a logout" bug?

In IQEssentials it was at the bottom, positions, purchase price, market price, book value, etc, with configurable columns.
Hello drowsy,

Our development team is looking into this issue. We’ll provide updates as soon as possible.

You can find the overview by clicking on ‘Account’ on the left-hand side and then ‘positions’. Update your columns by clicking preferences (the gear symbol) on the bottom left of your screen.

John from Team Questrade
Aug 6, 2006
563 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Questrade wrote: Hello drowsy,

Our development team is looking into this issue. We’ll provide updates as soon as possible.

You can find the overview by clicking on ‘Account’ on the left-hand side and then ‘positions’. Update your columns by clicking preferences (the gear symbol) on the bottom left of your screen.

John from Team Questrade
Thanks. Any chance the color theme will be fixed to be uniform? Right now some parts are dark, and some are white.

Also, under "Account->Positions", could you please add cash? Each currency separately. Cash is also a position, you know :)
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
drowsy wrote: Will you fix the "asking for login/password twice after a logout" bug?

I'm still having the same issue as well although it's not timing me out as frequently.

Unfortunately can only see the holdings by clicking on account on the left side so it's a downgrade not being able to see it and watch lists at the same time. Hopefully they will continue to work on and improve it as the interface was simple and convenient.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
favelle75 wrote: For those that haven't tried the app....give it a go. Its infinitely better than the webpage. Level 1 or level 2. Its worth trying.
They have the right idea with the app. I've had some issues with it though. I often have to sign in again after less than 10 minutes of inactivity, plus I can't scroll past one page on a watchlist or order history. Are you on an iPhone or Android? The android reviews pretty much sums up the issues I've been having
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
2807 posts
1152 upvotes
Sidney
endokuken wrote: They have the right idea with the app. I've had some issues with it though. I often have to sign in again after less than 10 minutes of inactivity, plus I can't scroll past one page on a watchlist or order history. Are you on an iPhone or Android? The android reviews pretty much sums up the issues I've been having
I use it exclusively on a PC. I usually have multiple screens going. When I am on the go, I use it on an Android tablet or my Nexus (also Android). I think on the PC you can set up the sleep timer for logouts. Mine seems to do it after around 2 hours.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
1176 posts
110 upvotes
Where to see the realized gain loss report for each individual stock?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
favelle75 wrote: I use it exclusively on a PC. I usually have multiple screens going. When I am on the go, I use it on an Android tablet or my Nexus (also Android). I think on the PC you can set up the sleep timer for logouts. Mine seems to do it after around 2 hours.
You mean the IQ Edge application right? I definitely find that it blows away anything I've used before, plus it doesn't have that annoying issue where it boots me out when I'm actively using it. I wish I could install it at work, but they disallow any installation of programs/applications/updates to what they already have installed so my options are really limited. The mobile app on the phone has been an issue for me as often it gets stuck "loading" watchlists, order list, and I have to close and reopen the app every time. This is why I don't use it if I can help it, plus it eats up my data really fast.