Off Topic Archive

Locked: Quick Q about staples return w/ extended warranty.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2005 7:20 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
226 posts
MTL, QC

Quick Q about staples return w/ extended warranty.

Hello,
I bought a set of speakers a few months ago and took an extended staples warranty on it. Since it has been a few months, I dont have the box for the speakers anymore... If I want to exchange them for working speakers, do I need the box or do I just bring the speakers and the woofer and cables? Also, I dont have the receipt anymore, but I suppose they have it in their system like futureshop does? Finally, do they have to test out the speakers before letting me get another set, or they exchange it right away?
Thanks
Share:
18 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2004
1019 posts
6 upvotes
What brand of speakers, what model?

Manufacturer's warranty goes through first, because you know, its an EXTENDED warranty. If the people at the store are feeling generous, they'll probably just exchange it, but they don't have to.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
226 posts
MTL, QC
Howlader wrote:What brand of speakers, what model?

Manufacturer's warranty goes through first, because you know, its an EXTENDED warranty. If the people at the store are feeling generous, they'll probably just exchange it, but they don't have to.
No, it is an instore warranty. Sorry, I must have used the wrong word. It's like Futureshop's service plan, like you just go there and exchange it over the counter.. my speakers are cyber-acoustics and I'd like to get the z3's since now they are approx. the same price.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2004
1019 posts
6 upvotes
qazxcv wrote:No, it is an instore warranty. Sorry, I must have used the wrong word. It's like Futureshop's service plan, like you just go there and exchange it over the counter.. my speakers are cyber-acoustics and I'd like to get the z3's since now they are approx. the same price.
You bought the product from Staples Business Depot, I've worked there for a long time, I know how the service plan works. The manufacturer's warranty comes first, like it does with any extended warranty.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
226 posts
MTL, QC
Howlader wrote:You bought the product from Staples Business Depot, I've worked there for a long time, I know how the service plan works. The manufacturer's warranty comes first, like it does with any extended warranty.
Yeah I just read that on their website, sorry for the confusion. I thought it was a direct exchange... not some BS after manufacturer warranty expires. I dont even know how long the cyber acoustics warranty is.. their website sucks. I'll try to go to staples tomorrow and ask them if they'll just exchange it.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
20369 posts
1594 upvotes
Good luck. The Staples managers around here are crap.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
226 posts
MTL, QC
Kasakato wrote:Good luck. The Staples managers around here are crap.
I've never even seen a manager at the store I go to.. most employees are young and I know a few of them. I think the only time I saw a manager is when I bought something and the girl at the cash needed a code on the computer.. are you in montreal? If so, which staples do you go to?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
20369 posts
1594 upvotes
Im all the way in Toronto. Just ask the people there. They should get you a manager.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
226 posts
MTL, QC
Kasakato wrote:Im all the way in Toronto. Just ask the people there. They should get you a manager.
I dont think I need to ask this to a manager. I usually just go to the cash to get a replacement (in the 30 day period) and never needed a manager... we'll see tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2004
1019 posts
6 upvotes
It depends on the store, if the model you have is readily available, or if you tell them you want to upgrade and pay the difference, they'll most probably go for it.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
226 posts
MTL, QC
Howlader wrote:, or if you tell them you want to upgrade and pay the difference, they'll most probably go for it.
Yep thats what I wanted to do. But I think the prices are almost the same

Also Howlader, do you know the answers to my questions? Do I need the boxes, and also do I need the receipt or do they have it in their system?
Thanks for the help
[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
226 posts
MTL, QC
qazxcv wrote: Also Howlader, do you know the answers to my questions? Do I need the boxes, and also do I need the receipt or do they have it in their system?
Thanks for the help
Does anyone know?
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
3118 posts
3 upvotes
I'm gone RFD! Staple…
Boxes, no. Receipts yes, if you paid through a credit card and you've lost the receipts, bring that credit card to the original store of purchase so they can bring it up.
TRANCE/HOUSE Fan?

D J H A R O U N . C O M
[OP]
Jul 4, 2005
226 posts
MTL, QC
that_staples_guy wrote:Boxes, no. Receipts yes, if you paid through a credit card and you've lost the receipts, bring that credit card to the original store of purchase so they can bring it up.
So theres no way to do it? Because at FS when you take a warranty they enter it into their system... damn I lost the receipt..
Thanks for the help
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
3118 posts
3 upvotes
I'm gone RFD! Staple…
How did you pay? Do you remember the date?
TRANCE/HOUSE Fan?

D J H A R O U N . C O M
× < >