Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 3, 2006
874 posts
122 upvotes

quicken deluxe 2008 trial + AMEX/PC FINANCIAL etc.. importing transactions

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm testing it out to debate buying it or not, but as of now, I can't import no transactions I have downloaded.

In 2009, there's a auto synchronize so you don't have to import the transactions. That also doesn't work.

I downloaded the 2008 trial off the Inuit website, uploaded to the latest. I downloaded the .qfx file from PC financial web login and when I try to import it into quicken it basically says it won't take it.

Any suggestions for another good personal finance software that could hopefully synchronize transactions with the websites?

Quicken 2009 seems to do that, but I can't seem to get it successfully going. Am I missing something?
1 reply
Jan 31, 2007
291 posts
16 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Did you download the software from the .ca or the .com website? You need to use the Canadian version of Quicken for it to work. If I remember correctly, "Quicken Deluxe 2008" is the US version, the Canadian version is called "Quicken Home & Business 2008" which is the one that I have.

Also due to the security changes on most of Canadian financial websites, as of October 2008, Quicken can no longer synchronize with your accounts online through OLBB. This applies to all Canadian versions of Quicken and propably to all other personal finance software. I think that it is only working for the US versions now.

In short, make sure that you're trying out the Canadian version and not the US version.