• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2014 9:44 am
Tags:
None
Aug 1, 2005
792 posts
67 upvotes

Quiznos prepares to file for bankruptcy protection

Not surprised. Five years ago, there were about 12 in downtown Toronto and now there are maybe 3.
93 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12990 posts
1471 upvotes
downtown locations hardly ever participated in any of the promos that they had. they cheaped out on toppings and they shrunk the size of the bread. I remember they made a tasty sandwich but after numerous bad experiences i had, i just stopped going completely and watched two local stores close down.

their whole gimmick was "toasted tastes better." It does but subway does it now. Mr sub does grilled subs that are way more loaded with meat. there was no space left for quiznos trying to be a premium sub shop.

im not surprised
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
lol premium sub.

it was amazing the first sub i tried 5~ years ago, but never went back after decrease in quality.

and still expensive? no thanks.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: lol premium sub.

it was amazing the first sub i tried 5~ years ago, but never went back after decrease in quality.

and still expensive? no thanks.
Bingo, good quality food when they first opened and I tried it but simply too expensive for subs and Mr Sub and Subway are already expensive for fast food as it is. Unfortunately their quality just declined over the years but the prices never dropped, or in some cases it actually rose.

They were in trouble last year when they lost a ton of money and closed a slew of shops, this was inevitable and expected.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
That sucks... hope they stay operating. They've had lots of good coupons and the taste is a lot better than Subway, around here at least. I agree their regular prices are on the high side though.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I've had Quiznos ONCE in my life. I think the sandwich and drink came out to be $16. I can see why they didn't make it. This was probably 8-10 years ago. You can have a decent sit down meal for that price.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
I loved Quiznos when they first appeared in Ottawa. Kept going back but they definitely reduced the quality and quality. I did like the most toasted taste of the subs and was willing to pay a bit more than the stuff at Subways, but as the prices of everything went up (Subway has also gotten too expensive), there’s no way Quiznos can compete. I can get a better tasting sandwich at some local sandwich places for about the same price.

The one near my place had the nerve to tape over the signage prices with handwritten pieces of paper, with an adding $0.50 for the prices too.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1402 posts
312 upvotes
GTA
I liked Quiznos, but when I tried to use an Entertainment book coupon a few years ago at the location that was located close to my house (buy one sub and drink and get one sub free, or something like that), the franchisee refused to accept it, even though it had her address included in the list of valid locations.
She said she lost money by accepting them, and when I sympathized and said I was buying two more subs at regular price in addition to using the coupon, since I was eating with family, she just made a face. I left and have seriously never eaten Quizno's since. True, it aint the corporation's fault, but bad service leaves a horrible aftertaste with me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8252 posts
5753 upvotes
Loved Quiznos but the quality kept decreasing, some stores had awful ingredients while others still had quality stuff

Subway really picked up their game
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4438 posts
1927 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Supercooled wrote: I've had Quiznos ONCE in my life. I think the sandwich and drink came out to be $16. I can see why they didn't make it. This was probably 8-10 years ago. You can have a decent sit down meal for that price.
No it didn't. Nothing on their menu costs anywhere near that much.
Dec 6, 2005
422 posts
83 upvotes
The problem that I found with Quiznos was that they didn't offer the toppings for each sandwich, they were pre-chosen for you. It also costs more than Subway, which is a big deal. Consumers are being nickle and dined everywhere, so Quiznos lost out. When Subway had that turkey/chicken promo last month my local Subway was packed all the time. Why? Because the sandwiches were $3!

I will give Quiznos this - I had an issue with a franchise near me & contacted them. I had a similar issue months later with a Subway. Quiznos sent me a letter of acknowledgement, Subway didn't.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Russell wrote: No it didn't. Nothing on their menu costs anywhere near that much.
May be I'm exaggerating a little. I know it was well over $10 though. I had one of those fancy toasted steak sandwiches.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Quiznos sucks! NOT surprised... all these sub places are ridiculous. Charge an arm and a leg for which you can make a half dozen on your own spending $10 bucks at No Frills.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
^^^
Of course it does... laziness breeds profits for others. Since the beginning of time.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7082 posts
5209 upvotes
NEWSFLASH!

Companies make profit on what they sell!

What has the world come to!

Quiznos tried to offer a premium product, but in the end they just couldn't get enough people to buy in.

With the economic crisis forcing people to be more budget conscious, it's no wonder restaurants, whether they are franchised or not, are feeling the pinch.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
Ottomaddox wrote: So Quiznos is toast?
Exactly, they started to become more and more stingy about their products/coupons/deals and just ended up getting burnt themselves!

LOL
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
renoldman wrote: Quiznos tried to offer a premium product,
They were? That's news to me.
They SAID they were, but it was the same garbage as any other chain.
Now... compare that to a deli that uses real meat. THAT is a premium product.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)