• Jun 17th, 2013 2:40 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
Their salad is really good, but darn expensive.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12195 posts
292 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 7:50 am
I think that depends on the location.
Interesting observation: Notice how, almost immediately after it is said that McDonald's might terminate salads,
Wendy's is going ALL out to ONLY advertise salads on TV!!!
just because they do something in the states, doesn't mean they will do it here.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2012
9045 posts
995 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 3:14 pm
just because they do something in the states, doesn't mean they will do it here.
I'm sorry I have no idea what you are referring to. The salads being discontinued at McDonald's or Wendy's TV ads being all about salads.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4019 posts
301 upvotes
ippon wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2013 6:05 am
had one yesterday. it was romaine.
and same for all other times i've had it.
Yeah...

I like their side Caesar, it was Romaine last time I got it. I usually get a side Caesar + something cheap or a Filet o' Fish :) I hope they don't discontinue them...
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4019 posts
301 upvotes
stealth wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2013 3:50 pm
I don't know anyone who goes to BK. I love fast food, but hate BK.
Umm...I love their Whoppers... but I usually get the Jr. Whopper. :)

Best fast food cheap burger IMO!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12195 posts
292 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 3:31 pm
I'm sorry I have no idea what you are referring to. The salads being discontinued at McDonald's or Wendy's TV ads being all about salads.
Discontinuation of salads. McDonalds Canada discontinued breakfast biscuits. Pretty sure they won't be doing that in the states
----------------------
References:
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
Siefer999 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 9:39 pm
Discontinuation of salads. McDonalds Canada discontinued breakfast biscuits. Pretty sure they won't be doing that in the states
really? is that new? biscuits are still on their menu on the website;
http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/menu/full ... scuit.html

it wasn't a very good biscuit, so i won't miss it. i was so disappointed when i first tried it. timmy's biscuits is much better.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12195 posts
292 upvotes
ippon wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 10:11 pm
really? is that new? biscuits are still on their menu on the website;
http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/menu/full ... scuit.html

it wasn't a very good biscuit, so i won't miss it. i was so disappointed when i first tried it. timmy's biscuits is much better.
ive been told it was discontinued when I tried to order it and it was no longer on their menuboard. this was last week.
----------------------
References:
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2012
9045 posts
995 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote:
Jun 7th, 2013 1:58 am
ive been told it was discontinued when I tried to order it and it was no longer on their menuboard. this was last week.
The Biscuit is available, but discontinued. When they're gone they are gone.
As for the salads, you are correct that McDonald's Canada does have it's differences from McDonald's USA, but there is no suggestion or hint that salads will or will not continue to be available, should McDonald's USA discontinue theirs.
No one at McDonald's Canada has stepped up to the plate to say "Yes we will continue to offer salads..." as of yet...
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2013 6:26 pm
When was the last time you were there? If it's just the Whopper you don't like, try something else!
prob a couple yrs ago. I dont hate BK, but theres enough better options to choose from, that I cant be bothered. whoppers are ok-at best. fries taste...off, like there was something in the deep fryer with them that shouldnt have been. Onion rings are crispy but so fake. Chicken sandwiches are overly greasy and salty...pretty much just like a giant one of the old school dark meat pressed mcnuggets on a bun.
If every wendys and mcd's went out out business, maybe Id go back to BK. It just tastes faker than every other fast food joint, IMO.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
1659 posts
71 upvotes
SW Ontario
Just because something is on the site, doesn't mean it's offered in every location. Example: Big Xtra, not available at the 3 nearby full McDonalds, but was available at the McDonalds inside WalMart.

Looks like the biscuits are now gone from the site. Glad, wasn't impressed with them, and when I took advantage of that promo when it happened, I took the egg/cheese/bacon(or sausage) off and ate that. Thankfully I've moved away from the fast food for the most part.
May 29, 2008
81 posts
2 upvotes
The salads were so expensive compared to McDonalds in the US. I'm not sure if they still have it there, but side salads in McDs US were on the DOLLAR value menu and sizes were comparable to full entree portions of salads in Canada. How are Americans so fat if their salads are so cheap???
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15357 posts
1585 upvotes
Toronto
zijin_cheng wrote:
Jun 6th, 2013 7:53 am
Their salad is really good, but darn expensive.
+1, I refuse to pay $7+ for their salad, if I can get a juniour chicken at $1.39!!
Selling Feng Shui Crane Coin (See Avatar) - $80 - PM!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
2878 posts
159 upvotes
London, EU
Going to McDonald's just for a salad is like going to see a prostitute just to get a hug. It seems not served for its purpose.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2012
9045 posts
995 upvotes
Toronto
heymikey wrote:
Jun 9th, 2013 2:49 pm
Going to McDonald's just for a salad is like going to see a prostitute just to get a hug. It seems not served for its purpose.
I have to disagree. Have you tried their chicken salad? Available in grilled or breaded.
× < >