• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2012 10:20 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 20, 2008
78 posts
17 upvotes

Is r4-3ds.ca legit?

I recently bought a r4i gold pro from this site, my payment went thought but now I am trying to access their site but it won't open... I'm hoping it's just under maintenance... Does anybody have any experience with this site? It seemed legit...
20 replies
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4432 posts
255 upvotes
clever marketing...low post count.....hey is this site legit (Your site)
[OP]
Mar 20, 2008
78 posts
17 upvotes
Lol I know it looks that way... but it's not my site... It's design is very basic and cluttered, I'd never make a website like that. Plus, I don't know ***** about making websites.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3320 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
eldeeb_hasan wrote:
Nov 29th, 2012 2:15 pm
I recently bought a r4i gold pro from this site, my payment went thought but now I am trying to access their site but it won't open... I'm hoping it's just under maintenance... Does anybody have any experience with this site? It seemed legit...
How did you pay? You can dispute it through PayPal or your credit card company if you paid them and they never provided the goods.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2008
78 posts
17 upvotes
I paid through PayPal, but I just bought the item yesterday so I don't think I can dispute anything yet. From my experience when a site is under maintenance they have a page saying that, but this site just won't load anymore... Thanks Manatus btw for your reply
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3320 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
eldeeb_hasan wrote:
Nov 29th, 2012 2:33 pm
I paid through PayPal, but I just bought the item yesterday so I don't think I can dispute anything yet. From my experience when a site is under maintenance they have a page saying that, but this site just won't load anymore... Thanks Manatus btw for your reply
Well I would say read up on Paypal's policy (I think off the top of my head you have 45 days to dispute), keep an eye on it and let's say if after 3 weeks you haven't received the item and don't have any proof that it's on the way, think about starting that process. Don't wait until the last minute. If it is a scam seller then they might ask for a little bit more time or say that they mailed it (but can't prove it) etc. to try to get you to delay past the deadline so you can't challenge it.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2008
78 posts
17 upvotes
Ahh, okay I'll definitely do that then. Is there anything I can do in the meantime?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3320 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
eldeeb_hasan wrote:
Nov 29th, 2012 2:48 pm
Ahh, okay I'll definitely do that then. Is there anything I can do in the meantime?
I don't have any specific advice because I've never heard of the website. Did you receive an invoice/payment confirmation that might have a telephone number or other method of contacting them? Otherwise I'd say just keep checking it. Even if it is a scammer, it isn't like they were just waiting for your order so they could take down the website and disappear. So I would say the website being down isn't a reflection on whether or not it is/was legit.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2008
78 posts
17 upvotes
Yeah I probably just got paranoid, they're probably just shut down for maintenance. Anyways, I checked my email and I think they shipped it because they gave me a tracking number, but the tracking number won't work on the site they gave me...
Nov 28, 2012
4 posts
1 upvote
i have the same experience! I bought a r4 card last week. Sometimes I can't even logging in to my account, the said account doesn't exist. Today i cant visit the website. The track number they send me cant track muy package. BTW the ship from hongkong
Dec 18, 2009
46 posts
5 upvotes
Winnipeg
The site is dead and usually they don't shut it down in such a way for maintenance. I'd contact paypal and put a claim in cause i doubt the site is legit.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2008
78 posts
17 upvotes
Sooo the site is back... so maybe they are legit. Still, my tracking number won't work...
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3320 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
eldeeb_hasan wrote:
Nov 30th, 2012 12:44 am
Sooo the site is back... so maybe they are legit. Still, my tracking number won't work...
Try it on different couriers' sites. Try canadapost.ca. Sometimes they say the tracking number is for USPS or Hong Kong Post but it actually works for Canada Post as they will be doing the final delivery.
Nov 28, 2012
4 posts
1 upvote
i tried before, canada post also didn't work
Nov 28, 2012
4 posts
1 upvote
The tracking number actually work now. Once the item left hongkong they will tell you the date the item left. Before it wouldn't work. It took my item 10 days to just left hongkong, too slow.
× < >