• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2005 8:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
4573 posts
243 upvotes
I don't think anyone can say this was a result of a pre-season game. From what I am reading he Raptors were fairly desperate to win this and kept their starters out there like any normal game, maybe even more so in an attempt to win. Bosh doesn't play 45 minutes in a pre-season game unless the Raptors are trying to avoid what they know is an embarassment.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
554 upvotes
at least the craptors are in the record books of

First NBA team to lose at home to international team. Great job!!
Apr 21, 2003
611 posts
26 upvotes
I like the thread title. Its news to me that a NBA team is suppose to be putting up a fight against a bunch of nobodies.

What an embarassment!
Apr 21, 2003
611 posts
26 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote:guys relax... remember the USA's so called dream team...
After the first Dream Team, The word dream team should never ever be used again.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
554 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote:guys relax... remember the USA's so called dream team...
they werent even a team, more like an assembly of players.

no excuses for the raps.

anyway you look at it, they are absolutely awful and worse than last year's squad
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
gilboman wrote:they werent even a team, more like an assembly of players.

no excuses for the raps.

anyway you look at it, they are absolutely awful and worse than last year's squad
so just because it was an assembly of players.. that gives the USA the excuse to lose?..

ignorance imo..
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
554 upvotes
rdtx2002 wrote:so just because it was an assembly of players.. that gives the USA the excuse to lose?..

ignorance imo..
no..i was merely correcting a post. they weren't a "Team", they were an assembly of players who have not played together, do not play in the same system and coached by somebody who is not their "real coach"

besides real ignorance is pretending the raps are even at the same level as last year :lol: :lol:

they are a lot worse than last year since they got rid of the few players who could play and got some young midpack rookies to fill their roles
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
gilboman wrote:no..i was merely correcting a post. they weren't a "Team", they were an assembly of players who have not played together, do not play in the same system and coached by somebody who is not their "real coach"

besides real ignorance is pretending the raps are even at the same level as last year :lol: :lol:

they are a lot worse than last year since they got rid of the few players who could play and got some young midpack rookies to fill their roles
we'll see at the end of the year who gets the last laugh gilboman.

but to say they are a lot worse than last year.... whatever...
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
1257 posts
3 upvotes
gilboman wrote:no..i was merely correcting a post. they weren't a "Team", they were an assembly of players who have not played together, do not play in the same system and coached by somebody who is not their "real coach"
Nevertheless they kept winning gold almost in every Olympics until the last one and they never used the argument of lacking of team chemistry before that. But yeah, they lost the Olympics because they're just a bunch of stars with huge egos that represent the NBA as it is, a league with an egoistic style of play.
It's all about the show and the money. What about tactics? What about showing some commitment and appreciation to the fans? All they do is come out for a couple of hours, do some interviews, show how they care to the reporters and go home to their millions.
What the NBA doesn't have is competitive spirit and that's why a $12 million euro team (with most players still out of shape) has beaten a $50 million NBA opponent.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6004 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Mo Pete has been awful all preseason.. They should trade him to NO if they still want him. I'd take birdman for him.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6084 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
frogger wrote:Mo Pete has been awful all preseason.. They should trade him to NO if they still want him. I'd take birdman for him.
its still preseason......yes he's sucked....and i hate to see that....but i give him until 1-2 weeks into the season to turn it around....i have faith that he will and will be playing the way he did near the end of the season.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
7697 posts
320 upvotes
I've always been so unimpressed with Mo Pete... spot up shooting and slasher but doesn't none very well. Should trade him for a bottle of gatorade.
SwiZz wrote:its still preseason......yes he's sucked....and i hate to see that....but i give him until 1-2 weeks into the season to turn it around....i have faith that he will and will be playing the way he did near the end of the season.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1861 posts
9 upvotes
Raps should play the Shanghai Sharks next preseason. We might even see the Next Yao!!!
× < >