• Dec 8th, 2017 10:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7156 posts
978 upvotes
Winnipeg

Raspberry pi 3 libreelec kodi 18 now has netflix/amazon youtube

as of around the 3rd the krypton 18 nightlies have included netflix and amazon etc. Currently limited to 720p but already the agile dev says 1080p is working for them so perhaps some more time.
start with 711 seems stable follow the thread and be prepared for issues all around if you keep updating nightly. Seems another fix for stream netflix issues is due out tonight as well

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461
quote: These builds include the inputstream.adaptive addon, which is enabled by default.

With inputstream.adaptive it is possible to view Netflix and Amazon Prime content. To do so, you will need to install the libwidevinecdm.so library:
Code:
curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh | bash

Amazon Prime addons (valid Amazon Prime account required):

Netflix addon (valid Netflix account required):

you'll need the addons grab them from links in the first thread above scroll down #6
23 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
1751 posts
745 upvotes
Saint John
That's great news. I use an RPi 3 as my primary media player in our family room. Will be nice not having to switch the input to my media server (also located under my TV) when the kids want to watch Paw Patrol (etc.) I wonder if this will be coming to OSMC as well? If not, I'll consider switching to LibreElec. How long does it usually take for a feature like this to make it from the nightlies to the main release?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
2746 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
I dont see anything limiting this to Rpi3 - should be good for pi2 as well correct ?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7156 posts
978 upvotes
Winnipeg
dchabby wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 12:26 pm
I dont see anything limiting this to Rpi3 - should be good for pi2 as well correct ?
yup
birthdaymonkey wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 10:14 pm
That's great news. I use an RPi 3 as my primary media player in our family room. Will be nice not having to switch the input to my media server (also located under my TV) when the kids want to watch Paw Patrol (etc.) I wonder if this will be coming to OSMC as well? If not, I'll consider switching to LibreElec. How long does it usually take for a feature like this to make it from the nightlies to the main release?
probably be a while since they have cooled down on how to release updates officially. This is 18 based so unless it gets backported which doubtful, its nightly then.

can always try osmc nightly should have it too since its all in the upstream. Just double check at osmc forum and nightlies are found a page back from the kodi link I gave. Probably won't be as easy to upgrade to a nightly in osmc. With libreelec you just add the .tar file to the update folder and reboot. Or you can use leopolds dev updater addon too.Best to keep a backup before doing anything
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
1908 posts
697 upvotes
I want 4K + HDR.
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4279 posts
491 upvotes
NORTH YORK
lead wrote:
Jul 13th, 2017 8:58 pm
as of around the 3rd the krypton 18 nightlies have included netflix and amazon etc. Currently limited to 720p but already the agile dev says 1080p is working for them so perhaps some more time.
start with 711 seems stable follow the thread and be prepared for issues all around if you keep updating nightly. Seems another fix for stream netflix issues is due out tonight as well

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461
quote: These builds include the inputstream.adaptive addon, which is enabled by default.

With inputstream.adaptive it is possible to view Netflix and Amazon Prime content. To do so, you will need to install the libwidevinecdm.so library:
Code:
curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh | bash

Amazon Prime addons (valid Amazon Prime account required):

Netflix addon (valid Netflix account required):

you'll need the addons grab them from links in the first thread above scroll down #6
I got Netflix (US) without VPN at all in M9S bought from Amazon.ca
It is not through Kodi at all.
Netflix US does allow 2 IP addresses to log on. That just fits my purpose.
I still have to log on Netflix US with a password
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
Aug 9, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
danieltoronto wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 6:46 pm
I got Netflix (US) without VPN at all in M9S bought from Amazon.ca
It is not through Kodi at all.
Netflix US does allow 2 IP addresses to log on. That just fits my purpose.
I still have to log on Netflix US with a password
So were you able to stream everything off Netflix for free ? I did try without a VPN but it didn work. Though I am using netflix kodi addon for my media player but that with a VPN. And it is as smooth as anything.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2013
4279 posts
491 upvotes
NORTH YORK
WilsonDrake wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:40 am
So were you able to stream everything off Netflix for free ? I
Yes or no.
Yes in the sense that I am not located in the US and I am not supposed to get that.
No in the sense that my buddy has to pay a US subscription in full and I got in as the second IP address to log on. (BTW FYI Netflix does allow 2 IP addresses to log on say in the same family/house. M9S has a separate app for Netflix)
Daniel

Fido $15 3Gb plan
free TextmeUp SMS/MMS/incoming call
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4321 posts
2626 upvotes
North York
bogolisk wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 4:29 pm
I want 4K + HDR.
not happening with pi3. hardware not capable
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
1908 posts
697 upvotes
konsensei wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:04 am
not happening with pi3. hardware not capable
that was my point. The pi3's hardware is antique for modern videos.
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4321 posts
2626 upvotes
North York
bogolisk wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:14 am
that was my point. The pi3's hardware is antique for modern videos.
1. you are paying $40-50 for a piece of hardware.
2. 1080p isn't antique. Many of us are still using 1080p TVs
3. pi isn't fully meant to be a media player, just 1 of its capability.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
1896 posts
390 upvotes
Nunavut
danieltoronto wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:28 am
Yes or no.
Yes in the sense that I am not located in the US and I am not supposed to get that.
No in the sense that my buddy has to pay a US subscription in full and I got in as the second IP address to log on. (BTW FYI Netflix does allow 2 IP addresses to log on say in the same family/house. M9S has a separate app for Netflix)
Why would your house have 2 ip addresses?

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, what they do allow is 2 devices from the same ip, they even have different packages to allow more devices to stream simultaneously
Jul 3, 2017
424 posts
257 upvotes
Netflix has 3 different service levels. The cheapest one allows one stream, SD quality only. The next tier up allows 2 simultaneous streams, and HD. The top tier allows 4 simultaneous streams and Ultra HD. It doesn't care where the streams are going to, they can be in the same house at one IP address, or in two different countries.

You don't get U.S. Netflix content without using a VPN. You can have a U.S. Netflix account and log into it from Canada. They don't care. But the content available will be restricted by the country of your current IP address, i.e., Canada.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7156 posts
978 upvotes
Winnipeg
1080p is plenty decent for streaming services. Try 4 or more tv's streaming 4k at once. Not happening in this country.