Fashion & Apparel

Raw & Selvedge Denim Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 8:19 am
Jun 24, 2011
848 posts
102 upvotes
MARKHAM
I have my brand new Uniqlo Selvage sz29 for sale. Let me know if any of you are interested.

I like the PBJ, but the problem is that it doesn't fit to my body the exact way I want it.
Jan 3, 2008
265 posts
37 upvotes
Hi guise, I haven't posted here in forever. Working on a few projects this summer and plan to write the MCAT on Aug 22nd so yeah... busy. I miss forums.
I've splurged a bit and have a "mini-collection" going on. No more denim purchases soon.

Current line-up. Pics in the near future.
- NFxONI collab from way back (cut is my absolute favorite but the fabric sucks. ONI fabric looks poverty-tier, especially since so much of the white weft is peeking through.)
- Flat Head BSP (the denim is so stiff, even when broken in... kinda annoying but fades are on point at only 4 months.)
- PBJ xx-007 (sz.29 tapered to 6.5 opening, bought these as "dress-jeans". stitching and construction appears to be "the best".)
- Samurai 710s (sz. 28 fit really big on me so I have to get them altered soon. the leg opening at 31 inseam is ~8.5''. overrated.)
- Just ordered a pair of PBJ xx-011 (upsized to fit like a slim straight at the desired inseam).
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
oni is known for it's loose weave and slubby denim.
Which denim do you expect to have the greatest fading properties?
Mar 29, 2011
825 posts
68 upvotes
achineseguy wrote:
Jun 18th, 2013 6:32 pm
Doesn't matter, with that many pairs he's not going to be able to fade any of them.
Jun 24, 2011
848 posts
102 upvotes
MARKHAM
achineseguy wrote:
Jun 18th, 2013 6:32 pm
millow wrote:
Jun 18th, 2013 9:17 pm
Doesn't matter, with that many pairs he's not going to be able to fade any of them.
+1

The fade just all depends on the activities you do with the jeans.

I have many pairs that were faded like crazy from working on my car, jogging, and doing all sorts of activities.

But if you plan to just walk in those jeans everyday it's going to be not enough.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3439 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Havo wrote:
Jun 9th, 2013 6:58 pm
+1... I bought a pair for about $100 when I went to NYC years ago... they were like half price. I'm in the market for a new pair because I blew out the seat on them. I just like how the material is not crazy thick so they aren't too bad in the summer.
I really need to pick up a light pair also for the summer months. It's getting pretty hot and sweaty with this thick denim. Where can I get N&F in Toronto? I'm thinking of trying some on and ordering it in the US since I'm heading to Buffalo in two weeks. I'm also heading to Detroit at the end of the month. Any places you guys know of?
Mar 30, 2011
52 posts
11 upvotes
Holt Renfrew has them. I saw a bunch on sale for their construction sale. Dutil on Queen has lot of N&F.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1437 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Matryx wrote:
Jul 4th, 2013 10:22 pm
I really need to pick up a light pair also for the summer months. It's getting pretty hot and sweaty with this thick denim. Where can I get N&F in Toronto? I'm thinking of trying some on and ordering it in the US since I'm heading to Buffalo in two weeks. I'm also heading to Detroit at the end of the month. Any places you guys know of?
Showroom on Queen's probably has the biggest selection of N&F in Toronto.
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Jun 20, 2011
38 posts
4 upvotes
WOODBRIDGE
Any sites that have APC's for a good price?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3439 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry I meant to asked where can I find Nudies denim in the GTA.

Also any suggestions on something for the summer?
I'm thinking the soft raws from N & F
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2880 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Contextclothing has kicking mule workshops going for 150. That is a really good price for any denim that is made in Japan, they usually go for 300.00.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3439 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Irbe wrote:
Jul 12th, 2013 9:08 am
Contextclothing has kicking mule workshops going for 150. That is a really good price for any denim that is made in Japan, they usually go for 300.00.
Says original price is $150 and ebay have they all for under $100 brand new. I'm not sure if they are authentic though.

Any idea how they fit compared to N&F and APC denims?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2880 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
context carries authentic items. They were one of the first to carry KMW. I think they are just trying to get rid of their stock, hence they lowered their price. THey had two version, made in china and made in japan. I would email or call to double check those are made in Japan. If so you not going to find a pair of denim that is made in japan at that price point.
May 28, 2012
656 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
What do you people prefer, hemming/stacking/cuffing?
How much stacking would you find to be excessive?