Raw & Selvedge Denim Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2017 8:58 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3424 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Just wondering where you guys park when you go down to Queen West for shopping? I'm guessing there's no free parking but just curious whats a good spot to park at?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2848 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
No "free" anything downtown.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3424 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Premium wrote:
Jun 15th, 2014 8:26 pm
Where can I find a reputable place for Naked and Famous denim? Looking for WeirdGuy denims or slim type jeans. Preferred some sort of sales, not hoping to pay MSRP.
Check out Tate & Yoko. They got some N&F on sale right now if you can find your size. Either that or go to Nomad. They don't have a lot of selections but their price is usually lower than most stores in the GTA
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4238 upvotes
Premium wrote:
Where can I find a reputable place for Naked and Famous denim? Looking for WeirdGuy denims or slim type jeans. Preferred some sort of sales, not hoping to pay MSRP.
Vaughan mills holt Renfrew

Saw some there last week.
Apr 26, 2010
555 posts
29 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Irbe wrote:
Jun 14th, 2014 11:26 am
No "free" anything downtown.
I believe theres free parking on the side streets until 1 pm, someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3424 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Holts at Sherway got N&F deep indigo stretch selvedge for $99. Sizes in Skinny guy 31,32
Weird guy 31,32
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4160 posts
480 upvotes
Premium wrote:
What size? If you ever make it to Fashion Outlets in NY. They sell N&F Weird Guy. Either regular price ($100) 30% off or 50% off.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3424 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2014 10:19 pm
What size? If you ever make it to Fashion Outlets in NY. They sell N&F Weird Guy. Either regular price ($100) 30% off or 50% off.
I'm at Fashion Outlets quite a bit. Never seen N&F. What store do they sell it at?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4160 posts
480 upvotes
Matryx wrote:
Jun 16th, 2014 10:41 pm
I'm at Fashion Outlets quite a bit. Never seen N&F. What store do they sell it at?
Oops. Forgot to say which store. It's at Barneys. The smaller sizes go quickly. If you're a bigger size there's more selection. Might want to give em a call before going.
Dec 10, 2006
212 posts
46 upvotes
York
I was at Yorkdale last friday, they had bunch of naked famous on the sale rack around 100 bucks. Worth it to check out.

BTW, rag and bone currently have sales on their website, rougly around 100 USD for a pair. I just purchased a RB15X, retail around 200 at Holts as I saw last friday. Check it out.

Please like if you find it useful. thx.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3424 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know what the difference between Nudie's Dry and Non dry ones. I'm thinking of getting this from shop.ca Nudie THIN FINN ORGANIC ECRU EMB but not sure if these fades. I'm guessing the Dry are the ones I should be looking for if I want them to fade like raw denim. Here is the Dry version
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1431 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Matryx wrote:
Jun 17th, 2014 9:14 pm
Does anyone know what the difference between Nudie's Dry and Non dry ones. I'm thinking of getting this from shop.ca Nudie THIN FINN ORGANIC ECRU EMB but not sure if these fades. I'm guessing the Dry are the ones I should be looking for if I want them to fade like raw denim. Here is the Dry version
Dry/Raw just means it hasn't been washed/distressed. Since the ones you listed are the same price might as well by the one that specifies dry but looks to be both the same anyways, just one has omitted dry in the title.
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3424 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
One of my N&F the crotch area is starting to wear out. Is there any other way to prevent them from getting any worst besides washing them? Using Febreeze or freezing them like I've read some people do.

If I do wash them what would be the best way to keep the indigo from washing out too much? I actually like the look of raw denims and not the faded look as much. I heard of people using salt and washing the denim inside out with dark Woolite which I've used the last time I washed it.

Also can anyone else confirm that Holts do free hemming when you buy denim there. I thought I saw a sign in there somewhere that said it or maybe that was Tate & Yoko
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel