Fashion & Apparel

Raw & Selvedge Denim Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2017 8:58 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3264 posts
146 upvotes
Unbranded seems to lack stock these days.Been waiting months for them to restock the slim models but still none for sale.They having issues with the suppliers?.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3433 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Premium wrote:
Jun 21st, 2014 10:27 am
Which store at Yorkdale?
I think he means Holt Renfrew

edit: Does anyone know if Holts do free hemming if you buy jeans from them? I've heard some get it free and some don't. Got some N&F from them on sale that I want to get hemmed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
5535 posts
461 upvotes
GT-EH
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Jun 16th, 2014 10:54 pm
Barneys

They had these there too:
http://nakedandfamousdenim.com/2013/10/ ... ram-denim/
I found a similar one which is a reflective denim, couldn't find the hologram at Holt Renfrew but this one here uses zipper.

[IMG]http://oi60.tinypic.com/2crpu7r.jpg[/IMG]
Matryx wrote:
Jun 21st, 2014 12:37 pm
I think he means Holt Renfrew

edit: Does anyone know if Holts do free hemming if you buy jeans from them? I've heard some get it free and some don't. Got some N&F from them on sale that I want to get hemmed.
I went today, I can confirm they do free hemming as most of their jeans are 34 (height) and their sale representative said its free after you buy the jeans. I kind of dislike buttons over zipper, oh well.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3433 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Premium wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2014 7:41 pm
I found a similar one which is a reflective denim, couldn't find the hologram at Holt Renfrew but this one here uses zipper.

[IMG]http://oi60.tinypic.com/2crpu7r.jpg[/IMG]

I went today, I can confirm they do free hemming as most of their jeans are 34 (height) and their sale representative said its free after you buy the jeans. I kind of dislike buttons over zipper, oh well.
Which location did you went to? I called them the other day and they said it's only free if the jeans wasn't on sale. If it's on sale they told me $15 for a normal hem and $30 for a Euro hem. This is at the Sherway HR.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
5535 posts
461 upvotes
GT-EH
Matryx wrote:
Jun 24th, 2014 7:54 pm
Which location did you went to? I called them the other day and they said it's only free if the jeans wasn't on sale. If it's on sale they told me $15 for a normal hem and $30 for a Euro hem. This is at the Sherway HR.
I went to this one here:
[IMG]http://oi57.tinypic.com/242d99s.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
3078 posts
252 upvotes
Just came back from Holt Renfrew at Sherway...they have Naked and Famous Weird Guys in Stretch Deep Indigo for $99 (from $165 I believe)
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3433 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know of someone in the Peel region that does Euro hems for less than $20? I usually got to Stitch it around my place but don't feel like paying almost $20 for the hem. Might as well get a chain-stitched hem for that price.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3132 posts
15 upvotes
Matryx wrote:
Jun 30th, 2014 6:54 pm
Anyone know of someone in the Peel region that does Euro hems for less than $20? I usually got to Stitch it around my place but don't feel like paying almost $20 for the hem. Might as well get a chain-stitched hem for that price.
Do not waste your time with a euro hem on raw jeans. The reason why you'd want to Euro hem a jean is to preserve the finish of a distressed jean. If there are rips or tears, it's nice to keep that if you're shortening your jeans. For raw jeans, since the original finish is plain, you can do a regular hem. If you don't have access to a chain stitching machine, then a regular single needed will do just fine. It will not change the overall appearance or durability of your jean.
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6566 posts
906 upvotes
Anyone had experience with Gustin ?? I joined the email so the spam me often with very nice looking offers but I haven't jumped yet. New to the jeans game, hoping to get some input if they are worth / good ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3132 posts
15 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2014 1:49 pm
Anyone had experience with Gustin ?? I joined the email so the spam me often with very nice looking offers but I haven't jumped yet. New to the jeans game, hoping to get some input if they are worth / good ??
If you're willing to wait months to get a pair of jeans that may or may not fit you with no refund or exchange policy then go nuts. IMO, it's not worth the risk, and the prices are not that great. You can buy Unbrandeds which have a proven track record, for less money. For the same money you can buy N&F on sale or Japan Blue for a few dollars more. Plus you have the ability to try those on in store, and if you aren't happy with them you can return or exchange.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3433 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Cruel_Angel wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2014 8:41 pm
If you're willing to wait months to get a pair of jeans that may or may not fit you with no refund or exchange policy then go nuts. IMO, it's not worth the risk, and the prices are not that great. You can buy Unbrandeds which have a proven track record, for less money. For the same money you can buy N&F on sale or Japan Blue for a few dollars more. Plus you have the ability to try those on in store, and if you aren't happy with them you can return or exchange.
Just looked up Japan Blue. They sell for almost $300. Is there somewhere you can get them for around the same price as N&F?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1432 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Matryx wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2014 6:36 pm
Just looked up Japan Blue. They sell for almost $300. Is there somewhere you can get them for around the same price as N&F?
Where are you finding them for $300? Maybe you were looking at Pure Blue Japan which is a different brand

Normal JB prices
http://www.blueowl.us/designer/japan-blue/
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3132 posts
15 upvotes
Matryx wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2014 6:36 pm
I think you are looking up Pure Blue Japan (often shortened to PBJ) this is not the same brand as Japan Blue. Japan Blue is the lower priced little brother to Momotaro Jeans.

Japan Blue is usually sold for around $200, and you can find them at Blue Owl http://www.blueowl.us/designer/japan-blue/

If you're just getting started with raw, you are better off getting a starter pair like the Unbranded Tapered UB201 or Skinny UB101.

With your first pair of raws, you don't want to spend a whole lot of money. It's a learning experience, and after you beat up your first pair you'll have a better idea of what you want / need out of a pair of raws.

Unbrandeds have a very good track record, and since you're in Toronto you can find them locally at Showroom, Gravity Pope, and The Future of Frances (all located on Queen st west)
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3433 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah my mistake, it was the Pure Blue Japan I was looking at.

Where can I find the Japan Blue in Toronto?

I already have two pairs of Unbranded, 3 pairs of N&F, two pairs of United Stock, pair of APC, and two pairs of Nudies.

I just haven't heard of the Japan Blue and when I heard that it was around the same price as N&F I got curious about it.