Fashion & Apparel

Raw & Selvedge Denim Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2017 8:58 pm
Apr 24, 2014
532 posts
144 upvotes
Maybe someone can help me, does anyone know of a good place that repairs crotch blowouts in Markham/GTA at a reasonable price?
Oct 9, 2004
920 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga
http://www.doctordenim.ca/

Doctor Denim, heard good things and prices seems reasonable.

from reddit

Frank is a true craftsman. I was fairly confident from the pictures on his site (doctordenim.ca) that I'd be happy with his work (and I was right: you can't tell my J Brand's have even been stitched unless they're held under bright light and you know exactly where to look), but what I hadn't expected was what a joy he is to work with. He complimented my Barbour when I met him at Yorkdale to drop off my jeans ('Nice Barbour') and told me stories when I picked them up about his early days in the independent jean trade, buying used 'red lines' (i.e. vintage selvedge jeans) at markets in LA and then reselling them. From what I could tell, he developed his craft from having to buy the used jeans in bulk and needing to find a way to make the torn ones sellable. Fascinating stuff. Add to this how affordable his work is ($25 for fixing two small crotch tears) and his flexibility in meeting you, and this is an incredible service to have in Toronto
Phone: Koodo LG G3
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5133 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
RestIsHistory wrote:
Apr 19th, 2016 3:25 pm
http://www.doctordenim.ca/

Doctor Denim, heard good things and prices seems reasonable.

from reddit

Frank is a true craftsman. I was fairly confident from the pictures on his site (doctordenim.ca) that I'd be happy with his work (and I was right: you can't tell my J Brand's have even been stitched unless they're held under bright light and you know exactly where to look), but what I hadn't expected was what a joy he is to work with. He complimented my Barbour when I met him at Yorkdale to drop off my jeans ('Nice Barbour') and told me stories when I picked them up about his early days in the independent jean trade, buying used 'red lines' (i.e. vintage selvedge jeans) at markets in LA and then reselling them. From what I could tell, he developed his craft from having to buy the used jeans in bulk and needing to find a way to make the torn ones sellable. Fascinating stuff. Add to this how affordable his work is ($25 for fixing two small crotch tears) and his flexibility in meeting you, and this is an incredible service to have in Toronto
Cool. Good to know we have someone local that can repair denim. I kept thinking I had to bring my stuff to self edge to get them to do it. I have some imperials that have some holes developing in them.
Oct 9, 2004
920 posts
137 upvotes
Mississauga
Winners had Nudie Grim Tim on clearance for $49.99, too bad not my size
Phone: Koodo LG G3
Oct 12, 2016
11 posts
I didn't even know such a threat existed! Good to know that there's some people wearing raw denim in Canada.

I'm selling some of my raw denim on Grailed. Please check them out thru here: https://www.grailed.com/users/337841-ktam/wardrobe
. I'm based in North York, Ontario, If you're interested, please let me know. I think they're some good looking denim, but it's too much work for me right now. We can discuss the price.

If this post is not allowed, please let me know and I'll delete it. Thank you!
Dec 26, 2008
870 posts
35 upvotes
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been posted already but I couldn't find it - anyone know a good tailor preferably in Richmond Hill/Markham/Vaughan where I can get my Nudies hemmed? Also a tailor that is trusted for tapering jeans, I have a few non-selvedge pairs I want to taper a bit.

Thanks
OLYMPIAKOS GATE 7

ΟΣΦΠ Misfits
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3573 posts
414 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Where can i get decent selvedge jeans for under $100 (raw if possible)? Not looking for big names like nudies. Was looking at Frank + Oak the other day and thought what other similar brands are out there.

TIA
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Jan 22, 2008
63 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
yesstyle wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 11:18 am
Where can i get decent selvedge jeans for under $100 (raw if possible)? Not looking for big names like nudies. Was looking at Frank + Oak the other day and thought what other similar brands are out there.

TIA
For your budget I would suggest uniqlo or unbranded jeans. gap has raw too but it's around $120 but wait for the 40% or 50% coupon.
Oct 13, 2009
207 posts
44 upvotes
North York
yesstyle wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 11:18 am

TIA
Frank & Oak is having a warehouse sale next week. Might be a good idea to look around there.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3573 posts
414 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ojibway Bob wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 12:27 pm
Frank & Oak is having a warehouse sale next week. Might be a good idea to look around there.
Would that be in Quebec? Because that won't be possible for me.
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Oct 13, 2009
207 posts
44 upvotes
North York
Sorry they had 1 in Montreal but it just ended yesterday.
Jul 10, 2005
273 posts
30 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Workin on this bad boy while I can. These will be too heavy to wear in the summer.

Been wearing them since Sept 2016. Picked them up in Osaka Samurai HQ. Here's a sneak peak
Images
  • IMG_20170405_163713_HDR.jpg
  • IMG_20170405_163644_HDR.jpg
Sep 28, 2008
315 posts
25 upvotes
Has anyone bought selvedge jeans from Uniqlo? How did their inhouse tailor do?