• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2017 8:19 am
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4600 posts
720 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 11:18 am
Where can i get decent selvedge jeans for under $100 (raw if possible)? Not looking for big names like nudies. Was looking at Frank + Oak the other day and thought what other similar brands are out there.

TIA
I have about 3 pairs of Gap (non-stretch) not sure how good the stretch ones are but no issues with them. Think BR has them too (wait for sale)
Unbranded denim. 3 pairs...although the crotch is going and I didn't wear them nearly as long as the Gap ones which are perfect

You have to wait for sales for some of the bigger brands, they're usually $100 during boxing day/black friday.

Good place to check Hr2. I alway see discounted selvedge denim there.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3962 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:31 am
I have about 3 pairs of Gap (non-stretch) not sure how good the stretch ones are but no issues with them. Think BR has them too (wait for sale)
Unbranded denim. 3 pairs...although the crotch is going and I didn't wear them nearly as long as the Gap ones which are perfect

You have to wait for sales for some of the bigger brands, they're usually $100 during boxing day/black friday.

Good place to check Hr2. I alway see discounted selvedge denim there.
I think ill just get Cheap Mondays...they are usually around 75$
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Aug 11, 2012
488 posts
66 upvotes
Medellin wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 8:58 pm
Has anyone bought selvedge jeans from Uniqlo? How did their inhouse tailor do?
I did, I was pretty happy with how they turned out
Oct 9, 2004
931 posts
152 upvotes
Mississauga
Naked & Famous x Street Fighter collaboration looks awesome.
Phone: Koodo LG G3
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1443 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
nick227 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 1:10 pm
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been posted already but I couldn't find it - anyone know a good tailor preferably in Richmond Hill/Markham/Vaughan where I can get my Nudies hemmed? Also a tailor that is trusted for tapering jeans, I have a few non-selvedge pairs I want to taper a bit.

Thanks
LOL ik this is like a year late but for anyone that might be browsing I go to an asian lady in peach tree/kennedy square near the today's sportswear. Always wary but a friend recommended and the price for those high end denim tailors were crazy.

Tested with a pair of unbranded chinos and she did a good job so I went do some wing+horns chinos and a pair of onis. Considering I asked her to do inseam tapering to preserve the selvedge line + hemming the difficulty was higher than a regular taper. Thread colour match was great, quality was up to my fairly high standards, and turnaround time was only like a week. Even with my pretty extreme taper to 6.5 (or 6.25 can't remember) everything looked very natural and twist wasn't too bad. Price was under 30 for taper and hem iirc. Absolute steal.

Haven't been back for a while so not sure if she's still open. Hopefully she is otherwise gotta trek the GTA to find another fair valued tailor again which is a headache.
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi