Fashion & Beauty

Raw & Selvedge Denim Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2020 8:50 am
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
32 upvotes
Guelph
I'm too lazy to search, but do we still have Unbranded denims here @ local UOs?

I remember going on a buying rampage on them last year with UOs and ended up not keeping any. I pretty much Fd everyone who wore a 32 and 33 :lol: Now that I need an extra pair of jeans I'm desperately looking for them now and I don't want to buy them online.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
ThaChingster wrote: Ducks will age, but it will not look as nice as indigo dyed denim
No, I got my camos for $70, $200 is a ripoff IMO, and for your first pair, I recommend the indigo/indigos, great fading.
Also fades relatively fast, which is what newcomers to raw denim look for

Duck are similar to cotton canvas. Think of it as really thick cardboard like cotton. They will not fade like raw denim but will age and develop a patina over time, similar to how leather ages.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
ThaChingster wrote: Most TRs, R&R, diesel, and guess jeans are pre-distressed.
The designers go for the old, weathered look that old, beat-up raw denim has
Nonetheless, there are a few pairs of raw selvedge designer jeans, but they are much more expensive than normal distressed jeans due to the way the material is made (shuttle loom) A lot less fabric can be made per day compared to modern mass-production machines
Here is a pair of raw's from TR - not sure if it's selvedge
[IMG]http://www.emoda.com/prodimages/12220940dd3.jpg[/IMG]

TR jeans, ugliest jeans ever...
Feb 23, 2011
200 posts
2 upvotes
ThaChingster wrote: Ducks will age, but it will not look as nice as indigo dyed denim
No, I got my camos for $70, $200 is a ripoff IMO, and for your first pair, I recommend the indigo/indigos, great fading.

$200 seem like a rip but its pretty hard to find them in size 36-37. Been eyeing them for a while now..
Feb 7, 2009
817 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
ThaChingster wrote: Most TRs, R&R, diesel, and guess jeans are pre-distressed.
The designers go for the old, weathered look that old, beat-up raw denim has
Nonetheless, there are a few pairs of raw selvedge designer jeans, but they are much more expensive than normal distressed jeans due to the way the material is made (shuttle loom) A lot less fabric can be made per day compared to modern mass-production machines
Here is a pair of raw's from TR - not sure if it's selvedge
[IMG]http://www.emoda.com/prodimages/12220940dd3.jpg[/IMG]

Haha alright thanks!
I think those happen to be the exact same pair im wearing now :P
Feb 9, 2012
20 posts
2 upvotes
KINGSTON

signed up just to ask you this haha, how did you get it for so cheap/ where do you buy from?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1895 posts
540 upvotes
London
Jimboski wrote: He hustled someone of course!

I beg to differ
Unless I hustled Holt Renfrew Last Call ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Which of course you did.
Fashion hurts p░ ░ ░yboi - KimchiTacos_
Feb 23, 2011
200 posts
2 upvotes
ThaChingster wrote: I beg to differ
Unless I hustled Holt Renfrew Last Call ;)

Lucky! how long ago was this?

And skinny guys are vanity sized correct? So if im a 36 waist i should go for a 37 in skinny guy size? Or will a 35 be alright since it stretches?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
iAmSofaKing wrote: Lucky! how long ago was this?

And skinny guys are vanity sized correct? So if im a 36 waist i should go for a 37 in skinny guy size? Or will a 35 be alright since it stretches?

All n&f are vanity sized. Usually, but it's better to try it on, you size down 1 for skinny guys and 2 foe weird guys.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1895 posts
540 upvotes
London
iAmSofaKing wrote: Lucky! how long ago was this?

This summer/fall I think

And yes, I would agree with Firebolt, but the best way to know if you fit is to try it on yourself
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
[IMG]http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u39 ... s78/A5.jpg[/IMG]
(Left to Right)
- Nudies: 1 year worth of wears maybe 2-3 washes. Stop wearing these jeans after I got into Japanease Raws. So much more superior in every way. Will probably take these to tailor to get these taper down
- Oni: 2 years worth of wear and numerous washes. Super slubby denim
- Flatheat: 2 years worth of wear and numerous washes
- Kicking Mule Workshop: Approaching 1 year mark with 1 wash. Not much fading, just some whiskers and honeycombs. Hard for these jeans to fade
- Samurai: 17 OZ model Zero. Have not been broken in. Don't know when I will get to it.

[IMG]http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u39 ... s78/A6.jpg[/IMG]
Nov 2, 2010
269 posts
22 upvotes
^^^ good looking jeans dude

selling a sz 32 nf elephant 2 in bst. :) . Shameless plug come at me bro
Dec 22, 2010
119 posts
7 upvotes
Irbe your Flatheads are amazing!
Some super nice roping going on too :D
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
I hear Flatheads have a nice and fast fading. What are your personal experiences with them? 400 is too much for me to spend on denim though :/
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure how fast / slow my FH faded. Been awhile. I do like the contrast though on my FH. Yes I got all of my jeans from Japan when the YEN was a lot weaker. Now its crazy expensive. Happy I got my SAMS way back. Will probably take me awhile to break them in.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Heads up... www.DWNDclothing.com has apparently launched their Nudie denim shop.

http://dwndclothing.com/category/mens/v ... die_jeans/

The newsletter I got in my e-mail reads:
Our Nudie denim shop has launched. Today only! Enjoy 10% off from 11am - 4pm. Use discount code NUDIE10. Online only.
Dunno how useful that is for RFDers... it's only ten percent... :|

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)