Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[RBC] $300 Cash Promo with new bank account (Targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2015 11:29 am
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2005
1289 posts
693 upvotes
haisam10 wrote: I dont quite understand what exactly you need in order to take advantage of this offer? If I have no RBC product currently, if I were to sign up using the link provided, what would happen? Would they pay the $300 or would it just be an account open?
In your case if you open one of the 2 appropriate accounts by April 15th, do 2 PAD's OR 1 Direct Deposit by May 15th, then yes you'll get $300 in your account.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2005
1289 posts
693 upvotes
seshwan wrote: In your case if you open one of the 2 appropriate accounts by April 15th, do 2 PAD's OR 1 Direct Deposit by May 15th, then yes you'll get $300 in your account.
haisam10 wrote: What 2 accounts would i need to open? One would be the RBC Signature No Limit Banking account and the other one? Do I open another account first then open the RBC Signature No Limit Banking?
Either one.
Aug 9, 2009
480 posts
12 upvotes
seshwan wrote: Either one.
What is this business of being an active client?
1) This offer is available for select clients only. Selected clients must also be an active RBC client without an existing Personal Banking Account with Royal Bank of Canada at the beginning of the promotional period (i.e. February 3, 2015)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1170 posts
1016 upvotes
haisam10 wrote: What is this business of being an active client?
1) This offer is available for select clients only. Selected clients must also be an active RBC client without an existing Personal Banking Account with Royal Bank of Canada at the beginning of the promotional period (i.e. February 3, 2015)
Wondering the same. What if you have no accounts or services with them. Two different opinions seem to be going around, or maybe I'm just lost.
Aug 9, 2009
480 posts
12 upvotes
1theguy1 wrote: Wondering the same. What if you have no accounts or services with them. Two different opinions seem to be going around, or maybe I'm just lost.
I made an appointment and going in tomorrow to set up an account and see if this is valid for me. Will update.
Jul 10, 2006
441 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
My local branch said the offer is not on my profile and so was not able to offer this promotion. They said that this promotion is 'targeted'. I hold non-bank-account products with RBC. Maybe Op can say in the title "targeted".
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2058 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There's an iPad promo coming up April 30-June 15 I believe!
Aug 9, 2009
480 posts
12 upvotes
pocket1 wrote: My local branch said the offer is not on my profile and so was not able to offer this promotion. They said that this promotion is 'targeted'. I hold non-bank-account products with RBC. Maybe Op can say in the title "targeted".
Same issue, almost opened the account up and right before we signed it rep indicated it was targeted and confirmed with head office. You need a profile already set up in their system which is missing a chequing account.

This offer is NOT available to new customers.
Banned
Jan 15, 2015
586 posts
166 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
AFG786 wrote: There's an iPad promo coming up April 30-June 15 I believe!
Source?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Received the offer even though I wasn't a targeted client. Had no previous accounts with RBC. Just walked in to the branch and set up an appointment. In and out within an hour.

Set up a PAD (payroll) and it was done. Minus the 2-3 month of service fees, and it's $245 of cash :)
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Aug 30, 2005
226 posts
93 upvotes
Do you have to take a letter or some print out? This will be very useful if I decide to do my mortgage with them.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2005
1289 posts
693 upvotes
Anyone get their $300 yet? Curious how long it takes, my 3rd PAD for good measure was last week, 2nd PAD two weeks prior (presuming Tangerine counts). I figure another 4-6 weeks at most?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7619 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
Got $300 today , I checked my account everyday, feel sorry for them, I will close my account in 2 hours, I have a good reason that I just buy a house, I need to put all the money to the downpayment, this is very true. Thanks Rbc, last time took me 30 minutes to get 2 $50 for me&wife. I own you.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
didnt get my 300$ credit yet so called the financial advisor and they're looking into it.
June 15,2015 was the deadline for me to get the credit.
I followed all the criteria for the promotion (moved my direct deposit also)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)