Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rbc/Apple

RBC Rewards

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2018 2:24 am
Aug 28, 2016
157 posts
162 upvotes

RBC Rewards

Deal Link:
Price:
$575
Savings:
20%
Expiry:
July 23, 2018
Retailer:
Rbc/Apple
So RBC rewards has ongoing sale for Ipad 6th Gen. You need to be a RBC client. You can still purchase the ipad eventhough you have insufficient points. An advisot cannot help you through it, they mentioned that it is only self service. Just keep refreshing the page if it will not allow you to purchase the Ipad, or atleast put a different apple product so it will go through. I paid $575 for ipad 6th gen 128gb, wifi & cellular. Regular price is $719 + taxes
Images
  • 5EB78720-8243-47D7-A973-6F0D0C47072E.png
144 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1095 posts
623 upvotes
I saw this too, but they make you use a minimum number of points to make the purchase. I wish you could just pay for it.
Aug 28, 2016
157 posts
162 upvotes
You can pay everything on your credit card even though you do not have any points at all.just keep refreshing your page. I spent 3 hours on the phone juggling between apple and rbc advisor to help me on this order. But after figuring it out because no one can help me, I just keep refreshing the button page & VOILA it worked!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1076 posts
1290 upvotes
NB
They can still cancel your order if it doesn't meet the requirements
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Aug 28, 2016
157 posts
162 upvotes
carbide wrote: They can still cancel your order if it doesn't meet the requirements
I hope not eh, :(
Jan 24, 2007
940 posts
401 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Thank you. Was looking to order a ipad for my daughter. Was able to use partial points and remaining paid with CC. hopefully will go through. Had to refresh a bunch of time on each step of checkout to make it work.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2718 posts
1783 upvotes
Markham
did you get it via bestbuy or directly from apple after going into RBC rewards?
Aug 28, 2016
157 posts
162 upvotes
andyyuen wrote: did you get it via bestbuy or directly from apple after going into RBC rewards?
Apple
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2718 posts
1783 upvotes
Markham
i wasn't able to buy the ipad with no points.
The minimum has to be met.

I did some calculation in case you are wondering.
The best deal is if you use the least amount of points or no points at all if you can get it working.

1 thing to keep in mind however, because this purchase was paid partially by points, you WILL NOT get your 1 year bonus warranty with your infinite avion card.
Images
  • ipad.PNG
  • ipad2.PNG
Dec 21, 2015
163 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bought one, no points, don't even own rbc credit card, lol.
May 29, 2018
5 posts
3 upvotes
AnkurC051509 wrote: bought one, no points, don't even own rbc credit card, lol.
How did you do that? For some reason when i log into my account i get the message "It looks like you don’t have an RBC Rewards Card right now". :(
Dec 20, 2014
135 posts
80 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP, got 6th gen 128gb wifi for $496.xx all in, had 240 points only. Have to refresh a lot to get purchase option enabled, this is better than costco 5th gen 128gb wifi $400+tax deal. Paid remaining Amt using TD visa card
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3194 posts
493 upvotes
Thank you OP! I'm always amazed how people find these loophole deals
just keep refreshing as the other person said, eventually the checkout will become green
ipad 128GB for $491 all in!!!

I think I refreshed about 20 times on the first checkout and 2 times on the second page
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8540 posts
2650 upvotes
Toronto
is the ipad wifi 32gb advertised as need 52,799 pts (after 15% off) 6th gen? Thanks
May 11, 2011
313 posts
214 upvotes
North York
Joelbe wrote: How did you do that? For some reason when i log into my account i get the message "It looks like you don’t have an RBC Rewards Card right now". :(
Indeed... I'm stuck on that site as well so not sure how he got past it
Mar 7, 2009
657 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
Rogers has ipad 5th LTE version on sale for 369 (32GB) or 489 (128GB)
Dec 23, 2006
801 posts
198 upvotes
Montreal
andyyuen wrote: 1 thing to keep in mind however, because this purchase was paid partially by points, you WILL NOT get your 1 year bonus warranty with your infinite avion card.
I don't think so:

"Merchandise purchased using Points and/or a Card is covered by the Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance(4), which extends most manufacturers' warranties and pays to repair or replace articles which are lost, damaged or stolen during a certain period following the redemption of Points. You will refer to your "Certificate of Insurance" for more information. For greater certainty, the date of the redemption is the date of the purchase for the purposes of the Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance."

Taken from here: RBC Avion (search Warranty)
2718 posts
1783 upvotes
Markham
Ohlias wrote: I don't think so:

"Merchandise purchased using Points and/or a Card is covered by the Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance(4), which extends most manufacturers' warranties and pays to repair or replace articles which are lost, damaged or stolen during a certain period following the redemption of Points. You will refer to your "Certificate of Insurance" for more information. For greater certainty, the date of the redemption is the date of the purchase for the purposes of the Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance."

Taken from here: RBC Avion (search Warranty)
split transactions with gift cards etc doesn't work... i thought it would be the case with points as well
thanks for pointing that out, good to know...