Expired Hot Deals

[RBC] Avion 30% Bonus Transfer to Avios - June 15 to July31

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2018 12:12 pm
Apr 13, 2005
358 posts
29 upvotes
How long does it typically take to transfer from RBC to BAEC? Looking to book a flight with the current BA reward promo which ends Jun 17. Will the transfer be instantaneous?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3371 posts
211 upvotes
Nice! I've been waiting for this too.

Now if they also have a bonus amex rewards transfer that would be perfect!
Aug 21, 2011
518 posts
222 upvotes
Whitby
|Naruto| wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:18 pm
Can 2 different cards transfer to the same Avios account?
Mind you, the names on the RBC card and the Avios account should match. Last time they cancelled my conversion well after the deal period was over saying my business card name and avios account name didn't match.
Koodo Mobile | Public Mobile
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5221 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
Does the West Jet bonus transfer promo usually follow after the BA promo?
Aug 21, 2011
518 posts
222 upvotes
Whitby
aaa111 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:54 pm
How long does it typically take to transfer from RBC to BAEC? Looking to book a flight with the current BA reward promo which ends Jun 17. Will the transfer be instantaneous?
Please allow upto 4 weeks for the points conversion to be processed. Got this from my email when I converted last time.
Dec 10, 2006
421 posts
58 upvotes
Mississauga
abshahul wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:46 pm
Mind you, the names on the RBC card and the Avios account should match. Last time they cancelled my conversion well after the deal period was over saying my business card name and avios account name didn't match.
Names won't match but same address if that counts lol. But I know Amex allows transfer to different aeroplan accounts even if names are different. Was hoping this would be similar
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2456 posts
927 upvotes
Thanks OP,

Remember you can set up a household plan at BA to pool your points.

British Airways Household

An excellent resource for using BA points on partners is:

TPG best uses of 100k avios

BA is a one world partner plus Alaska, Air lingus and Meridiana.
One world includes

Lots of options but often you have to call BA to book. For example:
booking YYJ/OGG would involve looking for saver space on American, then checking that route on Alaska, then calling BA to book the flights on Alaska.

Handy award chart for avios:
Mar 12, 2004
789 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto, ON
haranzo wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:50 pm
Isn't there a discount of 50% off Avios points flying to London, maybe it can be double dipped here?
yes you can.
Aug 21, 2011
518 posts
222 upvotes
Whitby
|Naruto| wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:54 pm
Names won't match but same address if that counts lol. But I know Amex allows transfer to different aeroplan accounts even if names are different. Was hoping this would be similar
Or you could do differently. BA has household Avios, you can transfer the avion to different avios account but use them combined as household avios.
Mar 12, 2004
789 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ricedion wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:12 am
I guess 30% is the best we can get now. They used to have 50% bonus, but haven't seen that for quite sometimes
I think it is somewhat expected considering how cheap CAD compared to USD right now.
it is essentially 75 US cents spent per Avion/Avios, or 58c with bonus.
Feb 23, 2010
942 posts
245 upvotes
Is this the most valuable way to spend RBC points?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7190 posts
840 upvotes
Burnaby
abshahul wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:46 pm
How far off were your names? Missing middle name or a lot different? My credit card only had first and last name but my ba account has middle name to match my passport...
Jan 27, 2018
11 posts
I find a lot of availability for flights to HKG for off peak season and rescheduling a flight through avois is very affordable 58 cad per trip flat rate. But finding tickets to USA is mission impossible. Anyone has similar experience?
Dec 8, 2010
490 posts
171 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
MMMM wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:56 pm
Thanks OP,

Remember you can set up a household plan at BA to pool your points.

British Airways Household

An excellent resource for using BA points on partners is:

TPG best uses of 100k avios

BA is a one world partner plus Alaska, Air lingus and Meridiana.
One world includes

Lots of options but often you have to call BA to book. For example:
booking YYJ/OGG would involve looking for saver space on American, then checking that route on Alaska, then calling BA to book the flights on Alaska.

Handy award chart for avios:
I am new with Avios. This is very useful and informative.
Nov 16, 2010
25 posts
7 upvotes
Burnaby
Emilyflb3213 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 11:50 pm
I find a lot of availability for flights to HKG for off peak season and rescheduling a flight through avois is very affordable 58 cad per trip flat rate. But finding tickets to USA is mission impossible. Anyone has similar experience?
Hi Emilyflb3213 what is off peak season to HKG? Sorry not really sure

Thanks