• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2018 8:58 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1230 posts
Makes me want to switch broker.
Who is the modern broker right now? All these old dinosaurs won't spend money to upgrade their platform.

Man, I put in an order with Market Price and never got executed.
Now the stock price has ran away to the upside of course. And I can't even cancel the order. This thing costs me around $200 USD.
Jan 14, 2010
559 posts
Message currently on login:

Date: 12 Jan 2018 03:40 PM ET
On January 3rd and 4th, we experienced exceptionally high levels of investor activity, which caused intermittent site disruptions. This prevented us from delivering the client experience that you expect.
RBC Direct Investing prides itself on offering you access to an innovative suite of tools and capabilities online, at your convenience. We take our role of being your trusted online brokerage very seriously, and apologize for failing to meet your expectations.
Our teams worked diligently to normalize the client experience, and we continue to closely monitor the platform to ensure it remains stable both now and in the future. We sincerely apologize for any impact the site disruptions may have had on you.
We value the confidence you have placed in us by choosing RBC Direct Investing as your online investment service of choice. Please know that our top priority is to provide the experience that you expect, and we will continue to work hard every day to deliver that experience.