Investing

RBC Direct Investing account: When do does the Quarterly fee applies?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2015 10:37 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
1773 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto

RBC Direct Investing account: When do does the Quarterly fee applies?

Unless you meet certain conditions (like having $15,000 in your account) , you get charged a quarterly account maintenance fee of $25 on your RBC direct investing account. If you start investing with $500 for example, this could eat into your investment funds quickly.

My question for those who have RBC Direct Investing account: when does this fee apply? If I only open an account and make no trades for 3 months, will it still apply regardless?

-Second question: what if I open an account just to buy a certain stock and sell it before the 3 months is over, will I still be charged the maintenance fee? I know it doesn't make sense to open an account just to buy/sell one stock and close it to avoid paying this fee, but I am just asking as an example.

Thanks,
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
1 reply
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2011
1580 posts
230 upvotes
Ottawa
Woodbridge905 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2015 10:08 am
Unless you meet certain conditions (like having $15,000 in your account) , you get charged a quarterly account maintenance fee of $25 on your RBC direct investing account. If you start investing with $500 for example, this could eat into your investment funds quickly.

My question for those who have RBC Direct Investing account: when does this fee apply? If I only open an account and make no trades for 3 months, will it still apply regardless?

-Second question: what if I open an account just to buy a certain stock and sell it before the 3 months is over, will I still be charged the maintenance fee? I know it doesn't make sense to open an account just to buy/sell one stock and close it to avoid paying this fee, but I am just asking as an example.

Thanks,
I know that for TDDI, the first six months are "free" so the fees don't apply until Q3. Probably the same or similar with RBC.
× < >