• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 3:10 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3158 posts
2334 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Thanks OP.
For $2.50 I'm in. Created HBRewards Account. Spoofed a lot of the info (there are 67 people in our house). Enetered Airmiles info.
Will get $2.50 AM.
🢂 Want COVID-19? Run around all the stores buying non-essential goods and help spread it around. Thanks! 🢀
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
2559 posts
2754 upvotes
Montreal
cappaj wrote: What do you do with RBC Points to make 500 = $5? I spot checked gift cards (1400 RBC points = $10 Amazon gift card; 3500 RBC points = $25 Tim Hortons gift card) and in those cases, 500 RBC points = ~$2-4. But I didn't poke around any more than that...
You can book travel (every 100 RBC Rewards is worth $1) or you can transfer to WestJet (every 100 RBC Rewards is worth 1 WestJet dollar).
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2003 posts
1326 upvotes
Ottawa
efrant wrote: You can book travel (every 100 RBC Rewards is worth $1) or you can transfer to WestJet (every 100 RBC Rewards is worth 1 WestJet dollar).
Ah okay - I do not travel enough to get that value out of RBC Points, haha!

Different question - does anyone know what I'm doing wrong to get this error under the "*Hudson’s Bay Rewards Number" field in the points conversion form on RBC Rewards site?

"The information entered does not match our records. Please try again or call 1-800-844-8131 to ensure your personal information is up-to-date."

I didn't think RBC Rewards had an HBC Rewards Number on file for me that they could check against? I...don't want to call someone on the phone.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3158 posts
2334 upvotes
No Bum Deals
cappaj wrote: Different question - does anyone know what I'm doing wrong to get this error under the "*Hudson’s Bay Rewards Number" field in the points conversion form on RBC Rewards site?
15 digit number?
🢂 Want COVID-19? Run around all the stores buying non-essential goods and help spread it around. Thanks! 🢀
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2003 posts
1326 upvotes
Ottawa
pooper wrote: 15 digit number?
Yeah, it's the exact same number I used to successfully log in to the HBC Rewards site minutes before...
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1172 posts
581 upvotes
Calgary
efrant wrote: No it goes both ways. But you lose value as well going either way.

1 RBC Reward = 2 HBC Rewards
4 HBC Rewards = 1 RBC Reward
Sorry my bad. Didn't realize they have option to monthly auto convert from HBC to RBC just like to Airmiles.
Jan 24, 2008
58 posts
79 upvotes
Anybody get the RBC points credited back to their accounts? I regret doing this is they don't post back and there's a sale for AC gift cards and I've shorted myself the 500 points..
Jul 25, 2018
628 posts
356 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
gofishsean wrote: Anybody get the RBC points credited back to their accounts? I regret doing this is they don't post back and there's a sale for AC gift cards and I've shorted myself the 500 points..
Not I. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks from the day I submitted the conversion. I thought I should have received by now.
Jan 24, 2008
58 posts
79 upvotes
Points posted on the 12th.. just shy of 2 months... now to wait until the 30% A/C gift card promo...