• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2018 11:51 am
[OP]
Sep 16, 2011
46 posts
17 upvotes
Lethbridge

RBC Interac Generated Email Address Question

My co-worker banks with RBC and requested a payment from me. He doesn't know the e-mail attached to his RBC account. But, RBC appeared to have generated a really long email address, which looks to be anonymised, which is visible to me.

In the future, can I send payments to him, using that long, generated RBC address, without him having to request money from me first?
1 reply
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3874 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
seriosbrad wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 11:34 am
My co-worker banks with RBC and requested a payment from me. He doesn't know the e-mail attached to his RBC account. But, RBC appeared to have generated a really long email address, which looks to be anonymised, which is visible to me.

In the future, can I send payments to him, using that long, generated RBC address, without him having to request money from me first?
You don't need to know the email used by your co-worker's bank. You can use any email address for him, and he will log into whichever bank he wishes to, from that email.

If, for example, he had accounts with several banks, you do not specify which bank you wish the money to go to - he does that. Therefore there is no need to try to 'match' the email address with the one held by a particular bank.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)