Personal Finance

RBC not receiving the advertised multiproduct rebate

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2021 1:52 am
Tags:
Feb 10, 2008
792 posts
660 upvotes
Reviving an older thread. I noticed my January 2021 RBC multi-product rebate was not automatically credited back to my account (every month prior for the past few years it shows up automatically as a credit on the same day the monthly fee is debited).

Called in and the agent said they see nothings changed and no idea why this month the rebate was not automatically credited back? (agent manually did the adjustment) I asked a friend who also uses RBC and gets the automatic multi-product rebate every month and he noticed the same thing with his this month (Jan 2021).

Wondering if anyone else here had the same thing happen this month and if you know why?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2012
1047 posts
490 upvotes
Trois-Rivières, QC
Tokic_o wrote: Reviving an older thread. I noticed my January 2021 RBC multi-product rebate was not automatically credited back to my account (every month prior for the past few years it shows up automatically as a credit on the same day the monthly fee is debited).

Called in and the agent said they see nothings changed and no idea why this month the rebate was not automatically credited back? (agent manually did the adjustment) I asked a friend who also uses RBC and gets the automatic multi-product rebate every month and he noticed the same thing with his this month (Jan 2021).

Wondering if anyone else here had the same thing happen this month and if you know why?
Check your monthly statement (the PDF or paper version) for the monthly cycle in which you did not get the rebate. At the end of the statement, you should see an explanation as to why you didn't get the rebate. It could be for several reasons such as your investment falling below a certain balance or a product becoming "inactive".
May 18, 2019
933 posts
513 upvotes
Tokic_o wrote: Reviving an older thread. I noticed my January 2021 RBC multi-product rebate was not automatically credited back to my account (every month prior for the past few years it shows up automatically as a credit on the same day the monthly fee is debited).

Same here. Contacted them and the agent said that it was because my regular TFSA even though my Direct Investing TFSA was open and active. Had to be transferred to their Direct Investing department to confirm that my Direct Investing TFSA was open and then transferred back to have a second agent manually adjust the charge. Will be closing my chequing and Direct Investing accounts with them except Visa and move to Scotiabank. Don't want to deal with this headache every month.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3292 posts
988 upvotes
never had a problem with mine, every month withdrawal and rebate same day

I don't even have mortgage with them, just chequing account, investments and CC (only charge 1 recurring item with them each month, points suck)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8520 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
so im gettnig multi product rebate on ONE of my chequing accounts (savings) but my joint chequing does not qualify ,they told me that you can only get "ONE" multi produt rebate per customer is this true? maybe i should move the multi product rebate to my joint chequing and make my savings a e-savings one so there is no fees? but then my saving will send me a t5 every year?
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2012
1047 posts
490 upvotes
Trois-Rivières, QC
GoodFellaz wrote: so im gettnig multi product rebate on ONE of my chequing accounts (savings) but my joint chequing does not qualify ,they told me that you can only get "ONE" multi produt rebate per customer is this true?
Not true. My spouse and I have multiproduct rebates on each of our own accounts, plus a multiproduct rebate on our joint account. What the employee probably meant to say is that each product (investment, credit card, mortgage loan) can only apply to one account.
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/de ... ebate.html
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8520 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
ok i will call them, thanks airodyssey
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Jan 5, 2007
173 posts
52 upvotes
Sydney
I sent RBC an email about this, gave me credit for the error, but told me that it was a courtesy not an error - which it was - because I haven't used my credit card, but I had several transactions. I looked today and I got double credit now due to them finally fixing the error. It was probably a computer glitch, but the agent appears to not looked at my account and just issued the credit.
Jan 7, 2019
368 posts
376 upvotes
magic18 wrote: why call?
if you have VIP checking, don't you get VIP treatment?

my personal banker at RBC does all that for me. and she gets me free checks for my personal and business amounts.
This is probably not the norm. Your personal banker is just a really good one and shouldn't be used as the standard.
Remember to always Thumbs Up good responses! Spread positively.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
If your multi product includes a credit card and you don't use your credit card frequently, they'll deny your credit.
Ronchilling wrote: Same. Somehow in the past year, the credits have been very inconsistent.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1678 posts
585 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: If your multi product includes a credit card and you don't use your credit card frequently, they'll deny your credit.
Use it once every 90 days and you should be ok
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
wra45mon wrote: Use it once every 90 days and you should be ok
I just use it once month at Tim Hortons... I figure that keeps it active and helps me not to forget to use it.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Aug 2, 2018
190 posts
113 upvotes
Have you been using the credit card at least once every 60 days? Asking a former RBC employee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)