Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

offering $300 for chequing account ALBERTA ONLY.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2015 2:48 pm
Feb 27, 2008
326 posts
154 upvotes
calgary

offering $300 for chequing account ALBERTA ONLY.

Deal Link:
Looks like RBC is giving free cash again (matching ATB and CIBC offers)

Same process, Open chequing account and put direct deposit (or two bill auto bill payments)

No timelimit (last time for ipad, you had to keep the account open for a year). This time i believe cash offer will be applied before June.

Looks like a targeted email to few folks.. but link works for all

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/open-an-acc ... dium=email

All the best.. gather all the cash from RBC, ATB, CIBC and book a trip to mexico :)

-------
Updated... steps to help you get the promo..

Folks, just got back from RBC Calgary Bow Valley branch and opened the VIP account and got confirmation that $300 promo will be applied.

Follow these steps:

-Call there customer service to book an appointment "mention that you are looking to move your accounts and saw online flyer for $300 offer, pick the branch near you, say you want Signature Account (just to show that you are interested in the best account..fees don't matter" customer service rep will book you the appointment and will transfer all the notes on "

-Go to the branch on the appointment date, blah blah.. you want to move.. mortgage etc.. visa etc.. but for now just looking for chequing account.. ask for wats the difference in signature $30 and vip $15 accounts.. confirm 300$ promo applys and select the cheapest fee account"

-The bank guy told me to do the pay deposit or bill payment before April 15th.
Bank guy also mentioned that due to new privacy law they only send out emails to ppl who have signed up with them.. but if anyone brings in the online promo flyer.. they will offer the promo..

Thats it, took around 20 mins and I was out with the bank card.

If you are in calgary and want a contact at this downtown branch, inbox me, I will share the details.

All the best.
102 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2967 posts
1983 upvotes
Edmonton
got email also. Signing up tomorrow!
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Dang Albertan deals!
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1643 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
Just a heads up:

Signature No-Limit Banking is 14.95/month
VIP banking is 30.00/month

So:

1) Sign up for RBC
2) Receive $300
3) Switch to another bank offering a similar deal during the summer
4) Repeat
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2907 posts
2135 upvotes
Calgary
Leave it to RBC to get the most of the *****tiest offer. Open up an account that costs 14.95 or $30 to get $300 which will in return get you $210 or $255 depending on which account take. I liked the atb one that had only $3.95 (+$2) per month fee. Saying this i will be opening up an RBC chequing account then.

Does anyone know if you have a RBC eAdvantage savings account can you still get this deal? any ideas for a cheap preauthorized debit payment option?
Jan 19, 2013
169 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed in Ontario for me.

I live in Toronto and received the offer email...
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1677 posts
726 upvotes
nurddin wrote: All the best.. gather all the cash from RBC, ATB, CIBC and book a trip to mexico :)
It sounds like a very good idea! :D :D
Aug 27, 2012
389 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Does it apply to people who have an account but not Signature or VIP banking?
Jan 28, 2015
246 posts
770 upvotes
Montreal
How do these deals work from the perspective of the bank? It seems too good to be true to just go to 5 banks and open accounts and then close them within the year after getting free cash, especially for a poor student like me.

I.e. what's the catch? How does the bank benefit from this?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
3072 posts
4255 upvotes
Winnipeg
Where does it say only Alberta?
I'm not cheap, I'm frugal!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1753 posts
2720 upvotes
Pallet Town
eorsgg wrote: How do these deals work from the perspective of the bank? It seems too good to be true to just go to 5 banks and open accounts and then close them within the year after getting free cash, especially for a poor student like me.

I bet the banks hope that with all the effort of switching your direct deposit, you'll be too lazy to cancel it and move back to your previous account. Sadly I know quite a few people who think it was too much hassle to cancel
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
therealmccoy wrote: Confirmed in Ontario for me.
Where did you confirm this?
eorsgg wrote: How do these deals work from the perspective of the bank? It seems too good to be true to just go to 5 banks and open accounts and then close them within the year after getting free cash, especially for a poor student like me.

Ummm you do realize you're giving them YOUR business? This just proves how much money these banks are making off our money.
Nov 7, 2012
242 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
eorsgg wrote: I.e. what's the catch? How does the bank benefit from this?
They obviously don't expect everyone to close down the accounts in less than a year. As the chequing accounts go, if it's your primary one, you are pretty much stuck with it because there are a lot of deposits and debits tied to it.

Not a big deal for a student, but those who actually need the $15 or $30 packages are heavy bank users. RBC is offering the money as an incentive to switch over and make the money down they road (they make money for each debit, for each bill pay, they benefit from deposits into the account etc.). They are certainly not considering that there will be a huge amount of people closing down the accounts.
Sep 30, 2007
545 posts
127 upvotes
"All the best.. gather all the cash from RBC, ATB, CIBC and book a trip to mexico "

ok thats exactly what I was planning to do even before you posted it, but do they all require direct deposit/direct billing though? I couldnt do that for all the different offers out there...or is there a workaround?
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Can the auto bill payments be two auto cell phone bill payments?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)