• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2015 12:22 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1174 posts
732 upvotes
Nepean
So if I already have a chequeing and sàvings account I don't qualify?
Jun 11, 2015
7 posts
2 upvotes
I was in the bank doing other things and was asking about that offer. To qualify for the rebate you need to have extra stuff with them, so basically start banking with RBC. Otherwise, without rebate it costs about 15 a month and you are required to keep the account for a year otherwise you are sent a bill for the iPad. Furthermore, you need to have 2 authorized payments (bills etc) come out of the account. If you are already in the market for that specific type of account, its a great deal. If not, I think it isn't worth it unless you are desperate for an iPad mini today...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5096 posts
4235 upvotes
Toronto
b31770 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2015 1:04 am
From that page, it says the RBC Signature No Limit Banking is $8.xx after rebate?

So 13 x $8.xx?
Our new MultiProduct Rebate® offers you a great way to save. If you have a banking account and two or more eligible RBC® products, you could bank for free or enjoy reduced banking fees.
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/de ... ebate.html

To get the rebate price of $8.95 you need to get two eligible RBC products, like a credit card or investment. Probably not worth it for most people, unless you already had something in mind.
Nov 22, 2012
719 posts
465 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Hmmm... My investment account is already there but I don't have any retail accounts.

So a cheap free CC and 2 bill payments is all I'm missing?

I'm semi tempted as I was about to get a bank account anyways to speed up deposits into my investment account.
Feb 1, 2007
828 posts
163 upvotes
Aurora
So sad. I can't get it since I am a long time royal RBC customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2934 posts
1013 upvotes
North York
zentro wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2015 4:44 am
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/products/de ... ebate.html

To get the rebate price of $8.95 you need to get two eligible RBC products, like a credit card or investment. Probably not worth it for most people, unless you already had something in mind.
To get a discount on the $15 a month plan aka the $8.95 you also need your mortgage with them which is a killer for me and a lot of people who don't own where they are living. CC I have and investment I could do, but as a renter, can't do a mortgage
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1704 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Also, this is a iPad Mini 2.
I realize the iPad Mini 3 is basically the same with TouchID and gold....but there are strong rumours that a new faster iPad mini is going to be unveiled in about 2 weeks time.

Just saying.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3130 posts
267 upvotes
Assuming this is for the 16G as well, correct?
Aug 19, 2009
25 posts
4 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
Love how we current and long term clients can't have these deals. Oh but wait.. I can participate in monthly prizes via their contest page... You know the same one the new customers who got the iPad mini 2 can also participate in... bs! I have a TD Bank right across the street from my RBC bank (which I have been a loyal customer for at least 10 years) and I'm about to do the switch over since we are not treated very well as loyal customers. I would understand if we jumped on every promo, they should say "You can't participate in more then 1 promo for new customers per 18 month" this way they would not be overexposed to people jumping on deals every 3 months, but being totally excluded from all new promos like this one is plain BS to their loyal customers.

"The iPad mini 2 offer is only available for new personal banking clients. However, as an existing personal banking account holder you can take advantage of a weekly online contest where you have a chance to win one of ten $500 Visa Gift Cards. Please refer to www.rbc.com/fantasticfriday (opens new window) for more details."
Aug 19, 2009
25 posts
4 upvotes
Gatineau, qc
Forget about us.. They already have our money, why would they treat us like good customers? I have less than a year on my Mortgage, watch me jump across the street to TD Bank!