Toronto
Yes .. you get to keep them
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5246 posts
489 upvotes
Markham
Still active?
The registration link (after the initial promotion screen) only talks about the 15000 pts
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1087 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
charliebrown wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 1:11 pm
Still active?
The registration link (after the initial promotion screen) only talks about the 15000 pts
Thats what I am concern about as well....
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1219 posts
642 upvotes
Has anyone done a successful product switch into this offer? I know typically it doesn't work but.. hoping someone has tried with success.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1087 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Esg876 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 12:15 pm
SO I called in and was told it would be fine for me as my current RBC is no fee card and not listed in TC, so gonna apply, thanks OP!
What's the no fee card you have now? And which department can I call to confirm? I dont want to get dinged with the $120 fee + hard credit check....
Aug 14, 2014
501 posts
252 upvotes
letmesee wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 1:29 pm
What's the no fee card you have now? And which department can I call to confirm? I dont want to get dinged with the $120 fee + hard credit check....
I called the customer service number and just asked. I have the RBC Rewards plus right now, when I checked the TC didn't have that one listed. She put me on hold and told me she believes its only for people already paying for a fee card that are excluded. I coped the TC below and they all seem to be fee based cards.

existing RBC Visa Infinite Avion or Visa Platinum Avion, Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum, British Airways‡ Visa Infinite, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Visa Infinite Avion card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer.
Jul 23, 2007
106 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Missed the 30k bonus a few months ago... went with other cards instead.
I'll take the 25k now.
hopefully i won't have to call in case points and FYF don't show up properly...
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1499 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
Esg876 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 1:34 pm
I called the customer service number and just asked. I have the RBC Rewards plus right now, when I checked the TC didn't have that one listed. She put me on hold and told me she believes its only for people already paying for a fee card that are excluded. I coped the TC below and they all seem to be fee based cards.

existing RBC Visa Infinite Avion or Visa Platinum Avion, Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum, British Airways‡ Visa Infinite, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Visa Infinite Avion card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer.
Only existing card holders are impacted, not previously owned. good to know, this card have to be cancelled and not converted.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1219 posts
642 upvotes
Esg876 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 1:34 pm

You're doing a new application, not switching into the card from the Rewards Plus card right?
Apr 26, 2016
144 posts
136 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ThatGuy1121 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2018 3:13 am
Thanks, just applied and I was approved instantly with a fairly high limit.
Congrats! Just out of curiosity, what range are we looking at when you say "fairly high limit"? :)
“Questions you cannot answer are usually far better for you than answers you cannot question.”
― Yuval Noah Harari,
Dec 12, 2013
178 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Deveno wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 3:13 pm
Congrats! Just out of curiosity, what range are we looking at when you say "fairly high limit"? :)
Sorry lol, it probably isn't a high limit to others, but it's the highest I've been approved for (this is my third CC ever) -- 14k.
Aug 14, 2014
501 posts
252 upvotes
sports1 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 3:08 pm
You're doing a new application, not switching into the card from the Rewards Plus card right?
Correct, a new application has to be done
Apr 26, 2016
144 posts
136 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ThatGuy1121 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 3:17 pm
Sorry lol, it probably isn't a high limit to others, but it's the highest I've been approved for (this is my third CC ever) -- 14k.
That's really good for someone with a short credit history! Congrats :)

PS - My first ever card was a secured visa card (ie, they had $600 from my account on hold for it) and the credit limit was a whopping *drumroll* $500 lol
“Questions you cannot answer are usually far better for you than answers you cannot question.”
― Yuval Noah Harari,
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2491 posts
1374 upvotes
Langley
sports1 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 10:38 pm
Uhh that's a pretty aggressive churn man. 2 weeks apart? Neutral Face
I applied for four cards in one month. All approved. Go for it!