Expired Hot Deals

[RBC] RBC REWARDS - amazon prime for 11300 reward points- Free 50$ amazon coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 3:06 pm
[OP]
May 20, 2018
180 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto, ON

RBC REWARDS - amazon prime for 11300 reward points- Free 50$ amazon coupon

Expiry:
November 11, 2018
Retailer:
RBC
I was casually strolling through RBC rewards and found this

Get More with Amazon! Only from Nov 5 th -Nov 11 th !
Redeem for an Amazon Prime Membership and get a $50 Amazon.ca Gift Card! Our Gift to you!

Looks like a great offer if you have the 11300 points for the 1 year prime membership
Images
  • zsssssss.JPG
Last edited by JanardhananR7411 on Nov 7th, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once a petrohead always one ..
72 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1332 posts
5234 upvotes
11,300 points is about a $125 value though when booking travel - not sure if this is hot. The point value looks inflated to match the $50 bonus coupon.
Sep 29, 2018
123 posts
126 upvotes
The $25 Amazon gift cards have a sale (among some other gift cards like McDonalds and stuff) as well, 2500 points instead of the 3500 if you don't have enough for this but still want an Amazon gift card.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2423 posts
1575 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Doesn't the $50GC make this a good deal?
Total value $129 if you use Prime.
At the going rate for Amazon GC's this is +/-18,000 point value.

Thanks OP I'm in.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Jul 27, 2006
995 posts
377 upvotes
Can you buy multiple membership and get multiple $50 GC? I don't see any limit mentioned anywhere
Last edited by milkshake321 on Nov 7th, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 10, 2016
161 posts
302 upvotes
Ener123 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 1:53 pm
The $25 Amazon gift cards have a sale (among some other gift cards like McDonalds and stuff) as well, 2500 points instead of the 3500 if you don't have enough for this but still want an Amazon gift card.
I don't seem to see this sale on my account.
Jul 6, 2018
315 posts
575 upvotes
I don't get the point of Amazon Prime. You don't need to spend much to qualify for free shipping.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2423 posts
1575 upvotes
No Bum Deals
This is a great deal.
You can register for Prime membership ahead of schedule so you can bank another year or two ahead locking in the membership price. I just got another one and plan to go 2.5 years membership with $100GC ;)
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2423 posts
1575 upvotes
No Bum Deals
poopooplatter wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 2:06 pm
I don't get the point of Amazon Prime. You don't need to spend much to qualify for free shipping.
WOW username!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8618 posts
1223 upvotes
Victoria
poopooplatter wrote:
I think the main benefits are the quicker shipping and not having to worry about threshold. Amazon has a bad habit of processing non-prime orders slowly. Nothing on Amazon goes on sale at the same time. I often find myself finding one thing, but not wanting to add another full price thing to get to $35. Still I do it, because I'm too cheap to pay for prime :)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2423 posts
1575 upvotes
No Bum Deals
poopooplatter wrote:
Lots of pro's for heavy users like us. We use Amazon for business as well as pleasure.
Prime video in Canada is slowly getting better. Amazon music is cool to use through Alexa.

etc etc etc....
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16449 posts
6381 upvotes
Oakville
poopooplatter wrote:
You'd be surprised just *how much more often* you make small purchases with Amazon when you don't have to think about paying for shipping. It's totally changed how I shop with Amazon (which is obviously the point) - I make so many more small purchases from Amazon that I normally would've gone to the store for. Need a new USB cable? No problem, throw in an Amazon order and have it by tomorrow (or sometimes even today!). Just for the saved time of making small errand trips out to the shops, it's been worth it for me. And note that it's not just free shipping, it's (usually) free *faster* shipping too. Add in that I get it at half price with the student discount? It's totally a no brainer for me.

And that's not even counting things like Amazon Prime Video, which I've also made use of for original shows like The Tick, Man in the High Castle, Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Grand Tour. My kids have also been loving watching classic Inspector Gadget cartoons on it too, and it's been fun going back to watch old Evening at the Improvs as well. Lol.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5799 posts
231 upvotes
Vancouver
pooper wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 2:12 pm
This is a great deal.
You can register for Prime membership ahead of schedule so you can bank another year or two ahead locking in the membership price. I just got another one and plan to go 2.5 years membership with $100GC ;)
How does this work? You redeem it twice so you get 2 codes.

You enter both codes right away?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1630 posts
937 upvotes
Montreal, QC
wearysky wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 2:18 pm
You'd be surprised just *how much more often* you make small purchases with Amazon when you don't have to think about paying for shipping. It's totally changed how I shop with Amazon (which is obviously the point) - I make so many more small purchases from Amazon that I normally would've gone to the store for. Need a new USB cable? No problem, throw in an Amazon order and have it by tomorrow (or sometimes even today!). Just for the saved time of making small errand trips out to the shops, it's been worth it for me. And note that it's not just free shipping, it's (usually) free *faster* shipping too. Add in that I get it at half price with the student discount? It's totally a no brainer for me.

And that's not even counting things like Amazon Prime Video, which I've also made use of for original shows like The Tick, Man in the High Castle, Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Grand Tour. My kids have also been loving watching classic Inspector Gadget cartoons on it too, and it's been fun going back to watch old Evening at the Improvs as well. Lol.
I'm not Prime, but another advantage for me would be that I'd stop making questionable purchases just to be able to reach $35, so I'd save on useless crap... and also there area often deals for Prime members only that would have been nice to have in my case a few times.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2423 posts
1575 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Narci wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 2:24 pm
How does this work? You redeem it twice so you get 2 codes.

You enter both codes right away?
We have two rewards accounts I did one each. Haven’t tried ordering multiples from one account although I didn’t see anything stopping me adding more than one membership card. As far as registering with Amazon yep you can bank the years ahead.