Personal Finance

RBC 'View your credit score' option via Trans Union

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 9:14 am
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1846 posts
25 upvotes
From RBC Transunion: Mine: 866 Wife: 892 haven't look into other sites like Karma yet, but always been told by RBC and CIBC we are in the top ratings
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1452 posts
606 upvotes
Hamilton
Mine is 799. Detractors are inquires, lack of mortgage and open balances.

Wut? Because I don't have half a million in debt my credit score is punished?

Only balances I have are visa cards and they get paid every month in full. I demand a higher score!
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16134 posts
1747 upvotes
Montreal
Dpack22 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 12:08 pm
Mine is 799. Detractors are inquires, lack of mortgage and open balances.

Wut? Because I don't have half a million in debt my credit score is punished?

Only balances I have are visa cards and they get paid every month in full. I demand a higher score!
I wouldn't put too much stock into that if your rating is 800. Its probably generated automatically. Mine says presence of inquiry and balance on open mortgage account, whatever that means.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1452 posts
606 upvotes
Hamilton
mr_raider wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 1:53 pm
I wouldn't put too much stock into that if your rating is 800. Its probably generated automatically. Mine says presence of inquiry and balance on open mortgage account, whatever that means.
It's not 800 it's 799. My RFD street cred is in shambles right now.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1975 posts
974 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 7:37 am
So why is the different address from 9months ago still showing & has not been updated to the correct one used on the 3-4 more recent apps?
Good question. Perhaps it doesn't take place instantly, or the lenders you applied to doesn't take the time to send the update to the bureaus.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1759 posts
168 upvotes
One day I'll touch 800. Currently in mid 700's
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4837 posts
4787 upvotes
Toronto
Heh, finally working for me. Full 900: "You currently have no negative score factors impacting your credit score"

Time to cash everything in on pumpkin futures!
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Jun 28, 2011
224 posts
31 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I checked my TU score via RBC online banking and holy smokes, talk about a difference in scores between Credit Karma and this one.
It's about 100 points with the RBC one so it makes me wonder what's up with CK?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2009
1443 posts
242 upvotes
Credit Karma - 780

RBC transunion - 893

shrug
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2009
1443 posts
242 upvotes
travelandshoppingwoman77 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 11:19 pm
I checked my TU score via RBC online banking and holy smokes, talk about a difference in scores between Credit Karma and this one.
It's about 100 points with the RBC one so it makes me wonder what's up with CK?

why do you assume CK has an issue vs RBC's model.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1975 posts
974 upvotes
niroopg wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 9:20 pm
why do you assume CK has an issue vs RBC's model.
Because people don't realize there are MANY credit scoring models on the market these days, all designed to predict different outcomes, and therefore will vary in score points, even by as much as 100+ points.
TransUnion TransRisk is usually on the low end for most people compared to other scores, so when someone sees a higher score elsewhere from a different model, they assume something is wrong with TransUnion/Credit Karma TransRisk Score model.
But there is nothing wrong with either score. They're designed to predict different outcomes, in different time frames, with varying factors weighing differently with all of them. Hence all the different scores.
Dec 13, 2010
28 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
I just logged in to my RBC account and saw that they were offering access to my credit report.

Full details here:
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/dms/olb/cre ... ex-or.html

It's actually pretty slick; you can see how different actions such as carrying balances, getting a new credit card, late payments, etc. would affect your credit score.
If you're with RBC, log in and check it out!
Last edited by bigmottay on Sep 12th, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2010
28 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary
Ah, woops. I actually did a search before posting but somehow missed that. Thanks and apologies for the duplicate post.
Apr 12, 2007
113 posts
22 upvotes
I get an error when I try to access the report. It goes to the website and when I select continue it spits out an error stating: Credit Bureau Not Responding: The credit bureau's system may be temporarily unavailable.
I suspect it has something to do with my name, but RBC said no its just not available to me yet. The reason I think its my name is because I have my given name and legal name on my profile in this format: Legal Name (given name) Last Name. I think that transfer of info is messing up. Just a guess. Any thoughts?