RBC 'View your credit score' option via Trans Union

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2017 10:22 pm
Aug 27, 2014
70 posts
15 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 8:38 am
They are unable to match your information to a credit file, which means your file is more than likely riddled with errors, missing information etc...
You need to reach out to TransUnion and get this fixed up.
Did you by any chance try Credit Karma?
Credit Karma says it doesn't support Quebec.

I should probably give TransUnion a call. It's very possible that TransUnion has my wrong birthdate, given that this was the case with Equifax 10 years ago, and it may be because someone who may be me lied on an online form to get their first credit card at 17 (that person likely wanted to make online purchases and has never paid a cent of credit card interest).

I've checked my Equifax file a couple months ago through their free trial and everything is fine, and I've churned a couple of credit cards since, I have a mortgage, I have a car loan, I never had issues getting approved for any credit. So I'm under the impression that TransUnion doesn't matter at all in Quebec.
Oct 24, 2017
1 posts
Toronto, ON
My credit score has gone down by about 40 points from what it was last month. There were no hard inquiries, missed payments or any suspicious activities between the two times(last month and now). When I called TU, the rep. said to wait till the next update to see if it auto-corrects itself Confused Face - as he has no clue why would the score drop when everything looks normal.

And the reason TU had on the dashboard to justify the score drop isn't too convincing - something about insufficient info. on my mortgage. I wonder, if TU docks points if you are a freebie coming from RBC? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Oct 24, 2017
2 posts
I have the very same problem, it's been getting temporary error after birthday mismatch for 2 months now, have called rbc and transunion everything is perfect and matching, Can't figure out why it's not working, no support, if you find a way to get this problem solved can you please let me know. Thanks.
Oct 24, 2017
2 posts
Well I think I have it sorted, after calling TransUnion again, the right number (1-855-889-4157) I was told that because I updated my birthdate and other outdated and incorrect info on my credit file months ago and most recently disputed a payment that was missing when it was paid, that's why the RBC credit dashboard isn't working for me, between those things its still updating and should work on November 8th I was told. so well see hopefully it will start working by then, i am now getting a different error message now issue with your membership so something got done, If not I will update. So after calling back and forth between RBC and TransUnion being told mostly it was the other side that had the problem I would suggest calling the TransUnion number posted here for support for RBC credit dash. Since I had such a hard time getting any information about these problems, I decided to share it so other people hopefully wont have such a hard time. Thanks.
Dec 1, 2016
35 posts
6 upvotes
TU: 627 Credit Karma (stays like that for at least 6 months now LOL) vs 708 RBC
EQ: 653 Ratehub vs 653 Borrowell

TU needs some damn consistency!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2311 posts
1179 upvotes
Masik69 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 9:48 pm
TU: 627 Credit Karma (stays like that for at least 6 months now LOL) vs 708 RBC
EQ: 653 Ratehub vs 653 Borrowell

TU needs some damn consistency!
RateHub and Borrowell give you the exact same score, Equifax ERS 2.0. Same algorithm = same score.
Credit Karma gives you TransUnion TransRisk Score, and RBC gives you TransUnion Credit Vision Risk Score. Two different scoring algorithms = two different scores.