Personal Finance

RBC 'View your credit score' option via Trans Union

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 9:14 am
Nov 4, 2011
197 posts
85 upvotes
YYZ
Interesting. I didn't see the link, but when I go into an incognito window and then login to RBC, I can see it. Of course, it's still coming soon.
Jan 11, 2017
46 posts
5 upvotes
Mine works and I got 821 as well.
Feel a litte bit strange, since I had several hard inquiries since this year.
Dec 13, 2010
774 posts
209 upvotes
ON
Worked for me.
I like the interface and it has all the same info as credit karma.
But as others have said, the score is higher here than on CK.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1990 posts
985 upvotes
kanewtz wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 8:40 am
Does this effect your credit score in any way?

Not that I actually care what my credit score is...just curious.
It would be a soft check.
I can't see a bank doing hard checks on people to give them a score for free. Pulling a bureau report (hard check) costs them money.
Anyway, inquiries affect the score less than any other factor, so don't be worried of a check here and a check there.
You would have to do several inquiries in a short period before it would completely trash your score.
Dec 12, 2001
178 posts
12 upvotes
It's Transunion Credit Vision Risk Score and can be updated every month.
Without prejudice,
All rights reserved; non assumpsit.
Mar 9, 2012
755 posts
231 upvotes
KITCHENER
Not listed for me yet, not even "coming soon".

I only have an RBC Visa, wondering if that is why. Though you'd think a credit product would warrant a credit score.
Mar 9, 2012
755 posts
231 upvotes
KITCHENER
coolintheshade wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 11:49 am
It would be a soft check.
I can't see a bank doing hard checks on people to give them a score for free. Pulling a bureau report (hard check) costs them money.
Anyway, inquiries affect the score less than any other factor, so don't be worried of a check here and a check there.
You would have to do several inquiries in a short period before it would completely trash your score.
You could do a million credit checks on yourself and it won't affect your score.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1990 posts
985 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:23 pm
You could do a million credit checks on yourself and it won't affect your score.
Yeah, thanks for the scoop :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1990 posts
985 upvotes
jeff1970 wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:22 pm
Not listed for me yet, not even "coming soon".

I only have an RBC Visa, wondering if that is why. Though you'd think a credit product would warrant a credit score.
It would be interesting to know why some can get the score and some can't.
It's nothing to do with products you have with them apparently. People with only savings accounts get their score.
Mar 9, 2012
755 posts
231 upvotes
KITCHENER
coolintheshade wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:50 pm
It's nothing to do with products you have with them apparently. People with only savings accounts get their score.
I'd like to know too. Curious to see how their credit score works. Seems to be all different.

I couldn't get credit karma to work for me so I had to buy Transunion (since I already had an account with them from a few years back) report. Nothing there that shouldn't be there. So I am unsure why credit karma is giving me issues. Agh.....!
Nov 15, 2008
93 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for sharing this, OP! Tried it for the first time just now and it worked fine. I have enough credit at the moment, so I'm fine w/ their results and no need to compare w/ other organizations. One thing I found interesting... by opting to remove my oldest card via their simulator, I only dropped down 9 points. The way that some people go on about this, I would've expected it to be much more.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2074 posts
476 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 6:50 pm
perhaps it has to do with age and not product(s)? I am with RBC since 2008 and I have access to the score
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1990 posts
985 upvotes
seaker wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 7:40 pm
Thanks for sharing this, OP! Tried it for the first time just now and it worked fine. I have enough credit at the moment, so I'm fine w/ their results and no need to compare w/ other organizations. One thing I found interesting... by opting to remove my oldest card via their simulator, I only dropped down 9 points. The way that some people go on about this, I would've expected it to be much more.
rbc-view-your-credit-score-option-via-t ... #p27903390

rbc-view-your-credit-score-option-via-t ... #p27903509
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
1990 posts
985 upvotes
seaker wrote:
Jun 17th, 2017 9:42 pm
Your links just land on the first page of the thread.
To two separate posts of mine where I posted about my experience with the simulator