Personal Finance

RBC 'View your credit score' option via Trans Union

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2017 10:22 pm
May 8, 2016
31 posts
1 upvote
This's awesome. However, I guess the credit score isn't updated coz my recent credit card application didn't show up there.
Mar 9, 2012
885 posts
273 upvotes
KITCHENER
wra45mon wrote:
Jun 16th, 2017 2:53 pm
There seems to be new option to access CreditView from trans Union via rbc banking.

It provides access to your credit score.

UPDATE: go to home page of RBC banking.
On the right side under the My Services section there is link View Your Credit Score
So it finally shows up on my account. Go to check it out, says there is an issue (mismatched birthdate) so I can't see credit score.

I call in RBC and they have the proper birthdate.

I PAY for a Transunion Score, they also have the proper birthdate.

Something screwy screwy. Same issues with Credit Karma....very frustrating.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2250 posts
525 upvotes
I am very skeptical about RBC's score. My score & my wife's are always different from Equifax and CreditKarma. Last week, mine was 822 and my wife was "coming soon", we have joint account with RBC. Today I checked and finally my wife has score of 849. Then I checked mine, it was changed to 849 too :rolleyes:. I doubt it's a coincident. I have many more open accounts (CCs) than hers and my score has always been ~40-50 pts below hers
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41476 posts
10178 upvotes
I tried to access my score but the new page turns quickly from a RBC webpage to this message:

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13533 posts
4320 upvotes
Gatineau
Thanks OP! This works for me.

Its a great free way to access my Report/Score.

djino
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Interestingly:

I got a cellphone 9months ago. Using a different address, for a good deal.

I checked, and somehow the provider PUSHED that address over to TransUnion - who now displays that address as my current??? WTH? Since when do creditors have WRITE- capacity on OUR Profiles? I would've assumed all they can do is PULL info? They just cross-reference & Report payments & credit / loan statuses...not update what address/name we're registered with?

Otherwise, contrary to many years prior where I was very disciplined in my credit behaviours, I have allowed bills to lapse here and there, not pay minimum., carry a balance here and there., and YET my score is pretty damn good.

I'm not too bothered about the address thing. More tickled than anything cuz it's my good buddys address...but still funny.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2304 posts
1175 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 10:57 am
Interestingly:

I got a cellphone 9months ago. Using a different address, for a good deal.

I checked, and somehow the provider PUSHED that address over to TransUnion - who now displays that address as my current??? WTH? Since when do creditors have WRITE- capacity on OUR Profiles? I would've assumed all they can do is PULL info? They just cross-reference & Report payments & credit / loan statuses...not update what address/name we're registered with?

Otherwise, contrary to many years prior where I was very disciplined in my credit behaviours, I have allowed bills to lapse here and there, not pay minimum., carry a balance here and there., and YET my score is pretty damn good.

I'm not too bothered about the address thing. More tickled than anything cuz it's my good buddys address...but still funny.
Agreements in any credit application that you sign, personally or digitally, allows the creditor to share your information with third parties such as credit reporting agencies.
This information, including your address can/is used to update the information in your credit report.
I don't know about you, but I've never contacted a credit bureau to change my address, telephone number etc..., yet they always have my updated information.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13533 posts
4320 upvotes
Gatineau
coolintheshade wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 11:28 am
I don't know about you, but I've never contacted a credit bureau to change my address, telephone number etc..., yet they always have my updated information.
This information is updated based on the information provided to the creditors. People don't contact Transunion/Equifax to update their address, they call their creditors. The creditors update the credit bureau info.

@bubble.tea I'm not sure why you believe that creditors do not have access to updating such info. How else would this information be received?

djino
Jan 14, 2007
386 posts
48 upvotes
GTA North
Thanks for pointing this out on RBC. We only have individual West Jet Master Cards with RBC but were able to get the scores.

I'm also very skeptical about this score as they seem high. Wife 854, myself 878. Deducting 70 to 100 off the RBC score would seem more realistic. Everything else looked good on both our reports as to recent inquiries, history etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2304 posts
1175 upvotes
djino wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 11:42 am
This information is updated based on the information provided to the creditors. People don't contact Transunion/Equifax to update their address, they call their creditors. The creditors update the credit bureau info.

@bubble.tea I'm not sure why you believe that creditors do not have access to updating such info. How else would this information be received?

djino
Exactly what I just said
Apr 10, 2009
31 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Mine showed up a few days ago also.

We just did a CP and paid it off in 5 months last January.

Transunion score = 567
RBC/Transunion = 712

So 145 point difference.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4893 posts
2428 upvotes
Edmonton
Mine was < 20 points difference (RBC version was higher)... Weird.

C
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
coolintheshade wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 11:28 am
I don't know about you, but I've never contacted a credit bureau to change my address...
djino wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 11:42 am
@bubble.tea...How else would this information be received?
Never thought of it that way. Here's the thing. Since the cellphone, I've picked up 3-4 CC's, all with my proper address (within the previous 2-3months). So why is the different address from 9months ago still showing & has not been updated to the correct one used on the 3-4 more recent apps?
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...