Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

RBC will give you $10 credit on your VISA if you switch to e-statement

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2010 11:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12185 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa

[Royal Bank] RBC will give you $10 credit on your VISA if you switch to e-statement

I was at a local RBC branch today and the CSR told me that if i switch to e-statement then I would get a $10 credit on my RBC Visa. She was also wearing a pin that basically promotes e-statement.

Can anyone else confirm this? She told me to log into my online banking and I should see a promo but I didn't...maybe because I didn't look at the right place.

I wouldn't mind getting a $10 credit to go green. I have always had paper statements just so that I can pore over the transactions but with online banking so easy and accessible these days, that is becoming quite a moot point.
27 replies
Jul 1, 2007
52 posts
1 upvote
They will make that $10 back from you quickly and maybe more once you forget to pay your bill because you forgot you had one or forgot when its due ( because you forgot to look online),
Jun 23, 2009
133 posts
3 upvotes
i switched to paperless billing along time ago .. wonder if i qualify ? ..maybe ill turn on paper billing again and than call about the 10 .. thanx for the heads up.
www.teamxlink.co.uk .. free console online gaming! jailbroken PS3's and 360 free online!

For sale:
- nikon D60 battery, new in package $30
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
komodork wrote: They will make that $10 back from you quickly and maybe more once you forget to pay your bill because you forgot you had one or forgot when its due ( because you forgot to look online),
it shouldn't be an issue, i would assume is like PCF where they would email you for a reminder 7 days before it dues...no matter if you paid or not...even if you have the paper statments, when you forget u will forget anyway
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
4686 posts
24778 upvotes
Canada
This is better than what American Express offered. With American Express, you were given a ballot for a sweepstakes.
Nov 13, 2008
416 posts
32 upvotes
Cost of Postage, Ink, Paper.
$10 is better than nothing from other companies.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
3914 posts
6 upvotes
I just switched over to e-statements online, but the online promotion didn't say anything about a $10 credit to my Visa. Just that I'm entered into a draw to win an eco-vacation to Costa Rica, or some other stuff like Visa gift cards or a Toyota Prius. I was going to switch over anyways, and the $10 would have been nice, but if I don't receive it, then no biggie.
My DVDs for sale

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip! I want you to put the chicken fingers down!"

U2 360 Tour in Vancouver, 2 Tickets for sale http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pair ... -a-805801/
Aug 7, 2008
277 posts
19 upvotes
Hmmm. I didn't get that offer and when I go to change to e-statement anyways, it won't let me. I can change my statement method for both of my savings accounts and my credit line, but not for my credit card. Weird. I guess I'll continue to waste paper, and it is definitely wasted since my credit card bills go to my parents' home and I never see them. I just look at my balance online.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12185 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
I spoke to the same teller earlier today (had to go to the bank to get some US money) and she told me the promo runs until April 1st and I will see the $10 credit shortly. She told me my name would also be entered into a draw for a trip for 2 to a vacation destination.
Oct 4, 2008
2 posts
welland
canabiz wrote: I spoke to the same teller earlier today (had to go to the bank to get some US money) and she told me the promo runs until April 1st and I will see the $10 credit shortly. She told me my name would also be entered into a draw for a trip for 2 to a vacation destination.
Call the phone # on your visa statement and ask them about the 10.00 credit.Make sure you get the representatives name and mark down the date that you called.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
Anyone get their $10 Credit?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6905 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
Sweet! Thanks OP! Going to call them tomorrow and get my $10 credit. It's not a card I use anyway so the $10 would be free money :D
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3960 posts
146 upvotes
SC
[QUOTE]I'd be pleased to provide you with further clarification in regards to a $10 rebate for enrolling into eStatements.

You are indeed eligible for the $10 credit, as you switched to the eStatements option before March 31, 2010.

However, the credit for this will be applied to your account as of mid-April. As such, no further actions are required from your part, as the credit will be automatically generated on your account.

I appreciate your understanding in this matter.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them and this is what they replied with.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
xlfe wrote: I emailed them and this is what they replied with.
I will send an email to confirm as well. so that there's a confirmation in my account's message centre in case they don't credit me $10 automatically in April
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
ricedion wrote: i will send an email to confirm as well. So that there's a confirmation in my account's message centre in case they don't credit me $10 automatically in april
+1
Mar 22, 2006
25 posts
I called but the CSR said there was no promotion about the $10 credit for changing the VISA to e-statements. Is this a national promotion or a local one?
Mar 8, 2006
993 posts
1223 upvotes
Thanks for checking with us about this--I've reviewed your promotional file, and there's no eStatement offer on it. However--since the campaign is so new, it's possible it hasn't filtered down to you yet. The offer expires on March 31--I would recommend writing us back on the 24th just to make sure nothing has changed.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
ricedion wrote: I will send an email to confirm as well. so that there's a confirmation in my account's message centre in case they don't credit me $10 automatically in April
RBC can confirm that there is currently a promotion for switching to eStatements. By switching to eStatements, you would be automatically entered into our Go Paperless and Win" sweepstakes, and could win an eco-renovation or a variety of other prizes .... but not the $10 credit promo.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)