Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2753 posts
3016 upvotes

RCSS Kicking horse coffee beans 1 lb $4.94 GTA YMMV

Price:
Savings:
Mixed. Looks like expiry of July 2020.

Real canadian superstore. Brampton steeles and hurontario.
Images
  • 20200130_172409.jpg
  • 20200130_172350.jpg
Last edited by PriceHunter on Jan 30th, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1099 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looks like the sign says "bean" so I'm guessing whole bean?

Location?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2753 posts
3016 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote: Some location details would be great...
Guys I posted this as I was in line. Details will update now.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2753 posts
3016 upvotes
johnsmith99 wrote: Which store? Only beans no ground cofee?
They had no ground. Only beans. Mostly Dark roast beans. Digging in I found the following, 3 sisters, decaf, smart ass, kick ass, something 454. Looks like mostly expiry July 2020.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1052 posts
90 upvotes
Probably location specific but I'll check my local Rcss tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up op!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0
Nov 9, 2003
513 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
For a second I thought that picture was your cart and we were all fomo buying.
Sep 5, 2008
527 posts
395 upvotes
Port Moody
Not quite $5, but the following are on sale for $8.50 on Amazon if you use Subscribe & Save and have 5 items on your delivery. Then I just cancelled the S&S after delivery.

cliff hanger - medium
grizzly claw - dark
hola - light roast
z-wrangler - medium

https://www.amazon.ca/Kicking-Horse-Cof ... B00AE22C4G
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2753 posts
3016 upvotes
monarch0300 wrote: For a second I thought that picture was your cart and we were all fomo buying.
If they were a $1 I might grab 10 at the most, but the price does not warrant an extreme hoard. I actually grabbed 4 today. 2 smart ass and 2 three sisters.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2091 posts
1877 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
monarch0300 wrote: For a second I thought that picture was your cart and we were all fomo buying.
I was thinking more it was Too Much Coffee Man buying up the coffee.

Btw, how does the coffee compare to McDonalds regular roast, Tim Horton regular roast, Starbucks breakfast blend, or PC brand medium roast gold color bag??
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7274 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone see this at any other RCSS?
Jan 24, 2009
820 posts
478 upvotes
Montreal
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I was thinking more it was Too Much Coffee Man buying up the coffee.

Btw, how does the coffee compare to McDonalds regular roast, Tim Horton regular roast, Starbucks breakfast blend, or PC brand medium roast gold color bag??
It’s fair trade and organic. Generally better quality than Tim’s, McD’s or Starbucks (PC is just gross).

I find most kicking horse blends are roasted too dark, even the medium roast. They call Hola light roast but it’s really medium.

Three Sisters makes pretty good Espresso, and if you have a high temp brewer or do pour over, Hola has good complexity.

Not as good as the better micro roasters but quite cheaper especially when they go on sale.

BYW kudos for the “Too much Coffee, Man” reference, that’s a pretty obscure indie comic book, dude!