[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1146 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver

re: Ebates question

Hi guys,

I was using adblock for a number of my orders while using ebates so I just submitted my request.
Is it true that they only give you rebates on the portion you paid for not using gift card, gift certificates, store credit, or reward points?
I thought that is technically true but that you guys got the ebates anyway in the past for the full amount. I am trying to get my ebates for the Shop.ca purchases I made with the $25 off credit.

This was the message they just replied to me for one of my ebate requests:
"Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are sorry to hear about any trouble that you may be having shopping through Ebates. Currently, it is not possible to earn cash-back through Ebates for the portion of your purchase made using a gift card, gift certificate, store credit, or rewards points as the method of payment. Please see our Exclusions/Limitations page for more information about earning cash-back through Ebates.

Here is a link:
http://www.ebates.ca/help/exclusions-limitations

We are sorry for any misunderstanding. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you for using Ebates Canada every time you shop online. "
8 replies
Sep 24, 2007
405 posts
81 upvotes
Kelowna
That's what they say and also what happens when they manually provide an adjustment. From my experience though, if the Ebate automatically goes through then you get it on the full amount. It may be retailer dependant.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29898 posts
2381 upvotes
Winnipeg
how do u get cash out of ebates?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1146 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Ah thanks, yeah, that's what I thought too.
Oh well, still a good deal on my games even with only 20% on the paid portion.

Note to self: never use adblock again (uninstalled from Chrome already because of this experience. :p).
Apr 25, 2013
138 posts
9 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
divx wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 4:40 pm
how do u get cash out of ebates?
You can choose to have your money sent by cheque or transferred into paypal. They only do the returns once every 3 months though.
Sep 24, 2007
405 posts
81 upvotes
Kelowna
Leshita wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 4:41 pm
Note to self: never use adblock again (uninstalled from Chrome already because of this experience. :p).
Actually, I think the Ebates tracking is pretty flakey. I've purchased with Adblock on and had the Ebate go through. I've purchased via Chrome's Incognito mode (where all add-ons are disabled) and had it not go through without having to contact them. I've also used Firefox which is completely vanilla on my machine and had it not go through. These days I just use Chrome with Adblock and complain if it hasn't shown up after I receive it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1146 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
drlarsen wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 4:49 pm
Actually, I think the Ebates tracking is pretty flakey. I've purchased with Adblock on and had the Ebate go through. I've purchased via Chrome's Incognito mode (where all add-ons are disabled) and had it not go through without having to contact them. I've also used Firefox which is completely vanilla on my machine and had it not go through. These days I just use Chrome with Adblock and complain if it hasn't shown up after I receive it.
I tried experimenting too but it seems all my post-disabled adblock Chrome orders show up within half an hour through eBates.
Whereas most of the orders with adblock on does not show up (2 of my orders somehow still went through though).
You didn't get your ebates on your full amount when you manually asked them to do it did you (assuming you used coupons / gift cards)?
Sep 24, 2007
405 posts
81 upvotes
Kelowna
Leshita wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 5:00 pm
You didn't get your ebates on your full amount when you manually asked them to do it did you (assuming you used coupons / gift cards)?
That's right. When they manually adjust it, they specifically ask if you used any coupons, discount codes or gift cards and then subtract it from the amount. Maybe you could just say you hadn't and get the full Ebate.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
1146 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
drlarsen wrote:
Dec 9th, 2013 6:32 pm
That's right. When they manually adjust it, they specifically ask if you used any coupons, discount codes or gift cards and then subtract it from the amount. Maybe you could just say you hadn't and get the full Ebate.
I actually just copy and pasted my entire order confirmation into the information box as I thought that's what they wanted so it is too late now.
Hopefully they don't check or just gives it to me because they are in the spirit of giving. :p