• Jun 13th, 2018 7:12 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2013
618 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto

RE: Xbox One - Xbox live Gold free game downloads Rules

I've got a question for you guys..

A friend of mine has an xbox one.. He's being dumb but I can't point exactly which law or rule he is breaking.. He logs into his friend's machine and downloads a second copy of the game he buys online. Then he turns off his password and they both can play (or so he says) He's telling me it's all on the up and up. I say I don't think so.. Can anyone help?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5021 posts
708 upvotes
calgary
Ychanceit wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 3:23 pm
I'm not asking how to do it but thanks. I know this cant't be quite legit it's the same as Microsoft allowing piracy effectively. No way game developers would allow it it would cost them millions
Its perfectly legit, its limited by the fact that can really only share your games with one other person. I mean technically you can share with many but you can only be logged into one place at a time and you can only set one home console.

I use it quite a bit but for a different reason: I'll cross-play games with my son using my PC well he is on Xbox with one account.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3396 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto
Ychanceit wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm not asking how to do it but thanks. I know this cant't be quite legit it's the same as Microsoft allowing piracy effectively. No way game developers would allow it it would cost them millions
If you consider that if they sold a physical copy of a game at full price, MS and publisher only get what the at-cost price of the game is, as the retailer gets their cut. Then that same disc copy gets traded in a couple of times and bought a few times used, and MS or the devs don't see any of those profits, while also removing a potential buyer.

When MS sells a digital copy, their only overhead is server space, and the rest of the profits go to them.

In this scenario, they probably come out on top by just allowing gamesharing among two people.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE