Tags:
None
[OP]
May 29, 2010
7 posts
mississauga

re: York - YCJF

HI,

I decided that get a 2- ton York YCJF - 14.5 seed for my 1800 sq. ft house mainlly because of its blend name and the compact size. It seems to have some good reviews here. Does anyone know roughly a reasonable price and any good authorzied dealers in Mississauga/GTA? I got one dealer quoted me $3650 cad. I thought the AC of this size and blend catogary is roughly $2500k.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
10845 posts
1305 upvotes
Markham
patrick1234 wrote:
May 30th, 2010 10:26 pm
HI,

I decided that get a 2- ton York YCJF - 14.5 seed for my 1800 sq. ft house mainlly because of its blend name and the compact size. It seems to have some good reviews here. Does anyone know roughly a reasonable price and any good authorzied dealers in Mississauga/GTA? I got one dealer quoted me $3650 cad. I thought the AC of this size and blend catogary is roughly $2500k.
Ask this guy
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hd-video ... ay-882138/
80TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 60TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
40TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
11TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2012 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro / 6TB HP Mediasmart EX 485
[OP]
May 29, 2010
7 posts
mississauga
Hey,

No joke.. The guy quoted me $3650 for a 2-ton York YCJF. In fact, he try to sell me a ClimateCare product, which he said he is the same as York.

I am calling a couple more contractors and see what happen.

Here are my list

1. Easterbrook Brothers Ltd. (website say family owned, no sub-contracter, >60)
2. Northwood Heating and Air Conditioning (website say family owned, no sub-contracter used, >35 yrs)
3. Alliance Energy
4. Active Temp Control - (seems to have bad reviews from homestar, even though it is a member of HRAI, TSSA, and BBB give them "A" rating, the guy quoted me around $2800 including tax)

so... I continue my search of a reputatable and reasonable priced contractors..

_______

On a side note, I am replacing by Heil (builder's model) unit that is 11 years old. The unit is only 1.5 tons for a 1800 sq. unit house. Basically, I noticed the AC can't cool the house on a hot day, and it also makes my basement very humid. (The AC is supposed to dry the basement, not make it wet) On a hot day, I noticed that the AC air is discharging around 18C with 63-70% RH when the outside temp is 30C. At night, the AC air is around 16C with 63% RH. I had a service call, the guys said it is possible the cap tubes are plugged as not enough feorn is passing thru the A-coil, the compressor is stressed trying to push the feorn. Given the unit is a builder's model, seems to be undersized, I decided to get a new unit.

Acutally, what is a proper range of AC discharging air in the house?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1636 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
patrick1234 wrote:
May 31st, 2010 1:12 pm
Hey,

No joke.. The guy quoted me $3650 for a 2-ton York YCJF. In fact, he try to sell me a ClimateCare product, which he said he is the same as York.

I am calling a couple more contractors and see what happen.

Here are my list

1. Easterbrook Brothers Ltd. (website say family owned, no sub-contracter, >60)
2. Northwood Heating and Air Conditioning (website say family owned, no sub-contracter used, >35 yrs)
3. Alliance Energy
4. Active Temp Control - (seems to have bad reviews from homestar, even though it is a member of HRAI, TSSA, and BBB give them "A" rating, the guy quoted me around $2800 including tax)

so... I continue my search of a reputatable and reasonable priced contractors..

_______

On a side note, I am replacing by Heil (builder's model) unit that is 11 years old. The unit is only 1.5 tons for a 1800 sq. unit house. Basically, I noticed the AC can't cool the house on a hot day, and it also makes my basement very humid. (The AC is supposed to dry the basement, not make it wet) On a hot day, I noticed that the AC air is discharging around 18C with 63-70% RH when the outside temp is 30C. At night, the AC air is around 16C with 63% RH. I had a service call, the guys said it is possible the cap tubes are plugged as not enough feorn is passing thru the A-coil, the compressor is stressed trying to push the feorn. Given the unit is a builder's model, seems to be undersized, I decided to get a new unit.

Acutally, what is a proper range of AC discharging air in the house?
I used Alliance Energy for my York Affinity Install. See my signature for the installation video + pictures. I also referred a fellow member here to get the LX unit installed for about $2500.

Your AC air temp and RH discharge is WAY OFF THE CHARTS and there is something seriously wrong with it. My discharge temp is constant at 13~14 degree with RH of 35 to 40% and that is measurements taken by three separate VERY expensive thermometers and RH meters.

When I was shopping for an AC, one company tried to quote me $5600 for the 2 Ton 18 SEER Affinity lol
[OP]
May 29, 2010
7 posts
mississauga
Hi,

Is the $2500 with tax inlcuded and after the $250 rebate?
Apr 27, 2015
126 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone have any personal experience with the YCJF A/C units. I was thinking about getting it but i heard that York has some reliability issues.
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6373 posts
2715 upvotes
Markham
York is one of the worst brands for Central AC according to Consumer Reports.

Apr 27, 2015
126 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It looks like all the brands reliability are pretty dismal.
Anikiri wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 4:28 pm
York is one of the worst brands for Central AC according to Consumer Reports.