• Mar 21st, 2017 1:13 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14206 posts
992 upvotes

Read this and tell me what you think.

I think it's amusing but also spot on with regards to how the institutions is setup for corruption because intrinsically they're set up from corrupted minds.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9632 posts
819 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
..just ask Wells Fargo, point blank.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
3305 posts
188 upvotes
An amusing post, but you are being too cynical in implying that bank managers are just as crooked an immoral as bank robbers. All bank robbers want to steal money from banks, whereas only a very small fraction of bank managers want to do the same.
Mar 6, 2014
318 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Honestly, a bank manager at a branch is just a tiny bolt in the machine..., the real bank robbers are siting in HQ with their 9 digit figure annual compensation.

And it's not just banks. Look at the CEO of Valenant, who got $180Mil/year to be the head of a company that is on its way to be worth zero dollars a decade or two from now.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14206 posts
992 upvotes
Statistics101 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:53 pm
Honestly, a bank manager at a branch is just a tiny bolt in the machine..., the real bank robbers are siting in HQ with their 9 digit figure annual compensation.

And it's not just banks. Look at the CEO of Valenant, who got $180Mil/year to be the head of a company that is on its way to be worth zero dollars a decade or two from now.
Its the selfish gene. Were all programmed to look after ourselves first; self preservation my friend. anyone who disagrees is a liar at worst and in denial at best.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3253 posts
971 upvotes
"Knowledge is worth as much as gold" should be "Power and position is worth as much as gold" because the MBA robber did not do as well as the MBA banker.

Also "Being professional" - Focus only on what you are trained to do, and "Killing boredom" - Personal happiness is more important than your job - are sort of contradictory mantras, aren't they?

Cute story though.
Mar 6, 2014
318 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:46 am
Its the selfish gene. Were all programmed to look after ourselves first; self preservation my friend. anyone who disagrees is a liar at worst and in denial at best.
Exactly. If you were in their shoes, you will do the exact same thing.

If you were a CEO of a multi-billion dollar empire, and you know that your service to the company isn't worth the 50-100Mil/year compensation that they are paying you, and that you are not any smarter, any more educated, and any more hard working than the people who are 3 or 4 levels below you, would you say anything to right the wrong that is so much in your favor right now?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1872 posts
84 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:46 am
both agree and disagree

this logic is used by same peeps who r at the top to continue to hoarding shit they don't need cuz they made this into a belief rather than having an agnostic attitude
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4424 posts
313 upvotes
That's why I always find it funny when a super villain (like Sandman) rob a bank using their superpower. I mean, who cares? The bank wouldn't since it's a rounding error to them. The legal system shouldn't care much either since most people don't have super powers.
CheapScotch wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:40 pm
An amusing post, but you are being too cynical in implying that bank managers are just as crooked an immoral as bank robbers. All bank robbers want to steal money from banks, whereas only a very small fraction of bank managers want to do the same.
Have you met a single "investment adviser" who would recommend low cost passive ETF over high cost active funds? And who is driving these "advisers" to do so if not the managers?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6771 posts
1357 upvotes
these bank robbers sure do get around.
During a robbery in Manila, Philippines, the bank robber shouted to everyone in the bank: “Don’t move. The money belongs to the corporations. Your life belongs to you.”

Everyone in the bank laid down quietly. This is called “Mind Changing Concept” Changing the conventional way of thinking.

When a lady lay on the table provocatively...
During a robbery in Manila, Philippines
and this laying provocatively on tables thing...is this a common occurrence in the far east? does it happen often whenever there are tables in the near vicinity or does it just occur during robberies? this is all so intriguing.
Last edited by ShoNuff2 on Mar 20th, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4424 posts
313 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:34 pm
these bank robbers sure do get around.

During a robbery in Manila, Philippines
and this laying provocatively on tables thing...is this a common occurrence in the far east? does it happen often whenever there are tables in the near vicinity or does it just occur during robberies? this is all so intriguing.
It's a joke. Not real.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6771 posts
1357 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:41 pm
It's a joke. Not real.
joking about the joke. really.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.