[EB Games] Read thread for daily doorcrasher - EB Games - Daily Doorcrashers

May 29, 2009
294 posts
28 upvotes
London
IsThatBbq wrote:
Jul 18th, 2009 12:06 pm
There is no CoD4 on PS2.

And for the Socom deal on Monday, will it come with the headset?

I might buy it if it does even if I don't have a PS3, I'm planning to get one soon and I need headset. =P

Edit - Saw the first page, nvm.
I dont recall COD4 existing for PS2 either???

thevapourrub wrote:
Jul 18th, 2009 10:55 am
I did.
lol
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
Wooahhh. Before coming on I thought "Hm, it'd be awesome if it CoD WaW finally went on for $10" and it did! Except it's PS2 :( what a downer.
Oct 13, 2007
36 posts
22 upvotes
Pretty sure the EB Games in Whitby (Tauton/Brock) had Rockband AC/DC Pack for PS3 and X-Box 360 for $9.99 at the till as their Doorcrasher.

Would call to double check. Was just wandering around not really paying attention to anything though
May 29, 2009
294 posts
28 upvotes
London
BillyBootleg wrote:
Jul 18th, 2009 2:34 pm
Pretty sure the EB Games in Whitby (Tauton/Brock) had Rockband AC/DC Pack for PS3 and X-Box 360 for $9.99 at the till as their Doorcrasher.

Would call to double check. Was just wandering around not really paying attention to anything though
If you look at the flyer (on their site) you will see that has/will be the price for that game all month.
Oct 13, 2007
36 posts
22 upvotes
Good call.

Should have probably picked one up from the mountain of them they had at the front entrance.
Dec 26, 2004
479 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Their July Door Crashers is getting lamer by the day... Oh well... hopefully they'll throw out some decent titles.
Jul 29, 2005
357 posts
99 upvotes
I love to see Nintendo 1st party game to go $9.89 such as Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros.
Apr 3, 2008
111 posts
52 upvotes
I asked about Socom today when I picked up CoD and the girl at EB said it was the one without the headset.
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15633 posts
572 upvotes
I went to a coworkers place (worked at the same EBGames) and on inquiry, he says Dead Space (PS3) will be 19.89$ sometime next week and that Bioshock (360 + PS3) will be 9.89$ sometime next week. Take this with a grain of salt, but I find my buddy to be fairly trustworthy.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
scourdx wrote:
Jul 18th, 2009 6:05 pm
I love to see Nintendo 1st party game to go $9.89 such as Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros.
i don't think they've ever had any Mario games for their GOTD cycles in the past, have they?
but i remember last yr they had some other AAA titles like Metroid Prime Corruption and RE4 for $10... super hot, but too bad v. ltd qty's
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Oct 19, 2007
18 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
Setz wrote:
Jul 18th, 2009 6:48 pm
I went to a coworkers place (worked at the same EBGames) and on inquiry, he says Dead Space (PS3) will be 19.89$ sometime next week and that Bioshock (360 + PS3) will be 9.89$ sometime next week. Take this with a grain of salt, but I find my buddy to be fairly trustworthy.
Dude, if you're right about that, you just became my favourite RFD user. I won't get my hopes up too high though, haha :D

However, has anyone had any luck picking up console-specific deals on the other console, ie. getting a PS3-only doorcrasher game for 360, or vice-versa? ..Let me know, especially if you live in the Mississauga region, as I've been waiting ALL MONTH for Dead Space, and I would have to pick up a 360 version. Bioshock is an obvious pick up as well, for those of us who haven't played it yet (two years later!!).

Also, I remember somebody much earlier in this thread talking about trading in one console version of a game in at Walmart for the same game but on a different console (PS3 <--> 360).. has anyone recently tried this successfully?

Final comment: Why do you think EB INSISTS on doing console specific doorcrashers on some games that are multi-platform, and then doing both console versions of another game? UURGGH
Jul 17, 2008
228 posts
41 upvotes
TheShinyDemon wrote:
Jul 18th, 2009 7:48 pm
Dude, if you're right about that, you just became my favourite RFD user. I won't get my hopes up too high though, haha :D

However, has anyone had any luck picking up console-specific deals on the other console, ie. getting a PS3-only doorcrasher game for 360, or vice-versa? ..Let me know, especially if you live in the Mississauga region, as I've been waiting ALL MONTH for Dead Space, and I would have to pick up a 360 version. Bioshock is an obvious pick up as well, for those of us who haven't played it yet (two years later!!).

Also, I remember somebody much earlier in this thread talking about trading in one console version of a game in at Walmart for the same game but on a different console (PS3 <--> 360).. has anyone recently tried this successfully?

Final comment: Why do you think EB INSISTS on doing console specific doorcrashers on some games that are multi-platform, and then doing both console versions of another game? UURGGH

The reason why some games are on sale for one console and not the other is because of sales. The idea of these doorcrashers sales are to clear old stock that are not selling. Some games sell better on one console than the other. EB Games will then put the game for the console that is not selling well as a doorcrasher. EB Games will not put up a game for sale that is selling well on whatever console it may be. They will be losing money. The reason some games are on sale for both consoles is because the game has poor sales for both consoles, thus EB Games puts the game on sale for both consoles. Hope this explains it.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2008
1598 posts
57 upvotes
TheShinyDemon wrote:
Jul 18th, 2009 7:48 pm

That Wal-Mart thing is fraud. The reason that EB is clearing out console specific games is because of their excess stock. That's what all these sales are for.
Jul 17, 2008
228 posts
41 upvotes
not a doorcrasher, but some other stuff on sale for Saturday only. Too late for the people on the east side but people on the west side can still get these deals:
Can't copy and paste the email so the deals are

Guitar Hero WT for Xbox 360 and PS3 for $99.99 and PS2 for $89.99

Trade in 5 select games and get a Wii for $49.99

Trade in 5 select games and get a Xbox 360 Elite for $149.99

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)