Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

2 for 1 Eyeglasses

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2019 7:26 am
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
HoneyMustardMiso wrote: I agree to a certain extent. Even the Lenscrafter part. I buy from another chain in Canada when a sale is on or at a small shop when I visit HK. I don't know what's up with the other guy. Maybe Lenscrafter burned down their house or something.

Still think it's a good idea to try frames on though, especially those who need to get something like 1.74 lens.

And you guys are still paying Luxottica (they own Lenscrafter). Luxottica owns Essillor which owns Clearly. You're paying less but they still got you by the balls. They even have you guys promoting them.
I specifically recommended Warby as another decent alternative in my very first post. I also did not say Clearly is that good (aside from in-house brands) and recommended people seek others, which are much cheaper and just as good looking and performing. I have no horse in this game. Just a long time glasses wearer who sees the vast majority of the optical business for what it is - a government-sanctioned, monopolized scam.
The mom & pop stores are no different, as they've taken a page out of Luxxotica's exploitative pricing model. Glasses are a necessity for people with vision problems, in order to function. I'd like to see how the public and governments would react if there was a 2K% - 5K% per cent profit margin on other medical necessities.
For Sale:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)