• Aug 20th, 2017 9:29 am
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
3339 posts
368 upvotes
Oakville
kr8zyduke wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 12:31 am
I've got a giftcard from returning stuff at the GAP a few years back. And I was told by GAP in store that I cannot use it on sales item because the staff there can buy GC at a discount. So the staff will get too much discount if the staff could use the already discounted gift card on sale items.

I had actually filed a complaint to Service Alberta and Service Alberta sided with me. But Service Alberta would not do anything other than tell me to contact GAP's administration.

Gift card is real money, I got that. But GAP doesn't think so because their staff can buy GC at a discount. I still have the $50 GAP GC in my pocket but I can only use it on regular priced items.

That happened in 2010 or thereabout so maybe GAP had changed it's policy. The other retailer that only allows regular priced item with GC is ROOTS.
You're waaaay off and spreading misinformation. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A POLICY STATING YOU CANT USE GIFT CARDS ON SALE OR CLEARANCE ITEMS.

You either (a) returned items without a receipt or past the return period and they didn't want you using them to buy the items back on sale or (b) were blantly lied too.

Roots also accepts gift cards like cash. Please stop posting on this topic.
Mar 24, 2005
338 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
Superstore in Kanata has the deal. Just bought 6x $50 Banana Republic GC's and they scanned at $10 off each. No sale sign or anything indicating there is any sale.

Lots left.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1691 posts
243 upvotes
Is the same deal available at loblaws?
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
2802 posts
301 upvotes
SORRY RFDers! I looked at the flyer didn't think anything of it and saw 20% off WAYSPA and other select GCs but never came to mind after I saw wayspa in the flyer.
THIS IS ON THE FLYER GUYS! Heading out it should be at all WEST RCSS. If I can get some ON gc for today's 50%off activewear i'll be set :D
[highlight]__RFD iTrader:_______76|||0[/highlight]
[highlight]___HEATWARE:______16|||0[/highlight]
[highlight]_____EBAY:_______142|||0[/highlight]
Dec 6, 2008
76 posts
45 upvotes
Ontario
These gift cards can only be used on tuesday or sunday between 1pm and 345pm you must bring a fully cooked chicken with you and be between the ages of 16 to 27 or 56 and 64 and there must also be no clouds in the sky. I believe that covers it.
Oct 31, 2004
413 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
eiad77 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 7:36 am
Is the same deal available at loblaws?
Yes, just bought $25 and $50 Gap gift cards at the Carlton Loblaws in Toronto
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
2802 posts
301 upvotes
Bought 2x $50 gc for $80 got to store there's not my h of anything left for active which is 50% off lol...

Tried to offer to a patron since he had about $100 in clothes said id sell it to him for 20% off said he didnt want haha
Last edited by Triad on Aug 12th, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[highlight]__RFD iTrader:_______76|||0[/highlight]
[highlight]___HEATWARE:______16|||0[/highlight]
[highlight]_____EBAY:_______142|||0[/highlight]
Mar 13, 2014
8 posts
1 upvote
For those that shop in the US you can use them down there and save on exchange. $50 GC for $40 Cdn. So $1 is $0.80. $1Cdn is $0.79 US. Our money is almost at par buying from BR, GAP or Old Navy and their Factory stores using these GCs.
May 29, 2017
3 posts
3 upvotes
I bought 6x $50 gap gc at the Coquitlam, bc superstore several days ago at 20% off. Thanks op
Aug 16, 2010
434 posts
111 upvotes
OP listed expiry date as Aug 16, does anyone know if the promo is still running?

(sorry for bumping thread)
Jul 29, 2013
18 posts
11 upvotes
Squamish
20% off these same GC at london drugs in BC. Advertised on the front page of the flyer. Have been told by several people to check fine print as discounted items may not be discounted further if GC used as they claim you can not combine promotions?? Would be nice to know if someone has had any success and if so was it on line or in store?
Nov 10, 2012
385 posts
155 upvotes
Calgary
imjustsayin wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 1:23 pm
20% off these same GC at london drugs in BC. Advertised on the front page of the flyer. Have been told by several people to check fine print as discounted items may not be discounted further if GC used as they claim you can not combine promotions?? Would be nice to know if someone has had any success and if so was it on line or in store?
I have never had a problem using gift cards purchased with the 20% discount to buy on sale items at Gap Factory, Gap or Old Navy. We have combined them with Super Cash redemption before without any problem.